Posted by Isabelle on Monday, March 5, 2012 at 8:04pm.
I'm in 5th grade and here's my question:
I have to write which fraction represents the ratio of corresponding sides? There are 2 triangles. One triangle has the measurements 3in., 9in. and 6in. The other triangle is 18in., 54in. and 36in.
- Math - chantal, Monday, March 5, 2012 at 9:31pm
- Math - Steve, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 4:11am
the sides of the larger are in the ratio 18/3 = 54/9 = 36/6
That ratio is 6:1 or 6/1
if you compare the smaller to the larger, that would be 1/6
- Math - Jo, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 9:31am
3:18 9:54 and 6:36
Notice how you have to multiply the first number by 6 to get the second number.
Hope this helps!
- Math - Hector, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 3:40pm
That's easy 3:18
So the ratio of them is 6/1 or 6
Answer this Question
- Math - Two triangles are similar, and the ratio of each pair of corresponding ...
- math - The ratio of the corresponding sides of two similar triangles is 3:2. The...
- math - describe a triangle with sides of 9in., 4in. and 6in.
- Math - The ratio of corresponding sides of two similar triangles is 2:7. The ...
- Geometry. Grade 10. Similar triangles - the ratios of the ares of two similar ...
- Geometry - Two triangles are similar. The ratio of their areas is 1:4. If the ...
- math helper plese - 2 isosceles triangles have the same height. The slopes of ...
- math - Apply the rule (2x, 0.5y) to the vertices of triangle ABC to get triangle...
- math - apply the rule (1.5x, 1.5y) to the vertices of triangle ABC to get ...
- Maths - In two right angeled triangles, one sides and acute angle of one ...