Posted by Isabelle on Monday, March 5, 2012 at 8:04pm.
I'm in 5th grade and here's my question:
I have to write which fraction represents the ratio of corresponding sides? There are 2 triangles. One triangle has the measurements 3in., 9in. and 6in. The other triangle is 18in., 54in. and 36in.
Math - chantal, Monday, March 5, 2012 at 9:31pm
Math - Steve, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 4:11am
the sides of the larger are in the ratio 18/3 = 54/9 = 36/6
That ratio is 6:1 or 6/1
if you compare the smaller to the larger, that would be 1/6
Math - Jo, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 9:31am
3:18 9:54 and 6:36
Notice how you have to multiply the first number by 6 to get the second number.
Hope this helps!
Math - Hector, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 3:40pm
That's easy 3:18
So the ratio of them is 6/1 or 6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The ratio of the corresponding sides of two similar triangles is 3:2. The...
- Math - On a test I was given 2 triangles. One triangle gave measurements of all ...
- 6th grade math Variables and ratios - I need help I don't know where to start ...
- math - describe a triangle with sides of 9in., 4in. and 6in.
- Math - The ratio of corresponding sides of two similar triangles is 2:7. The ...
- math - triangle a and b are similar the ratio of a side of triangle b to a ...
- Geometry - The areas of two similar triangles are in the ratio 36:25. If one ...
- geometry triangles - The sides of a triangle are 8,15 and 18 the shortest side ...
- Maths - In two right angeled triangles, one sides and acute angle of one ...
- Maths - The ratio of the corresponding sides of two similar triangles are 2:5....