Posted by Jane on Monday, March 5, 2012 at 10:11am.
Please explain how this is set up and how to work it. thanks
A rectangular box is 4cm wide, 4cm tall, and 10cm long. What is the diameter of the smallest circular opening through which the box will fit? Round to the nearest tenth of a centimeter.
Math - MathMate, Monday, March 5, 2012 at 10:21am
We will certainly fit the box through the width and the height (4x4) instead of through the length (4x10).
The circular opening should have a diameter equal to the diagonal of the box (4x4).
Hint: use Pythagoras theorem to calculate the diagonal.
Math - Jane, Monday, March 5, 2012 at 10:27am
Thank you, but this did not help me.
Math - Steve, Monday, March 5, 2012 at 10:32am
Ouch. You do not know about the Pythagorean Theorem?
If not, look it up; you will be needing it a lot from now on. After that, come on back and we can clarify what you did not understand.
Math - Jane, Monday, March 5, 2012 at 10:39am
Thank you so much. You guys have been a lot of help to me in the past. I will study it more.
Math - KIM, Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 9:10pm
So would it be 4 squared plus 4 squared equals 32 then you take the square root of 32? Which is 5.65.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A rectangular box is 4cm wide, 4cm tall, and 10cm long. What is the ...
- Math - Pythagorean Theorem A rectanglar box is 9 in. wide, 11 in. tall, and 20 ...
- math - A rectangular box is 16cm long and 10cm wide 960 1-cm cubes can fit into ...
- Math - a rectangular box is 2 cm high, 4cm wide and 6 cm deep. Michelle packs ...
- physics - what would the pressure be if box was turned so the smallest surface ...
- math - Which of the following measurements, in centimeters, could be the lengths...
- math - Juanita is packing a box that is shaped like a rectangular prism.The box ...
- math - The volume of a box is the number of cubes it would take to fill it up. ...
- math - what is the surface area of cardboard box? l= 4cm w= 5cm h=10cm
- Math PLEASE HELP!!! - Part 1: A rectangular box is 2 inches high, 3.5 inches ...