Posted by Hannah on Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 4:21pm.
I completed a lab to find the determination of Kc. I have to find the concentrations of reactants at equilibrium using an ICE table. The equation that were are using is
Fe^3+(aq) + SCN^-(aq) -> Fe(SCN)^2+(aq)
I have to create 5 ICE tables because we used 5 different test tubes each with a different concentration of SCN. The values I already have so far are the initial concentrations of reactants and the concentration of products at equilibrium.
For the first table the initial value of Fe is 1.0M and SCN is 1.0M. The concentration of product at equilibrium is 5.7 X 1o^-5M.
I set up the first ICE table like this:
Equation: Fe^3+ SCN^- Fe(SCN)^2+
I 1.0M 1.0M 0
C -5.7e-5M -5.7e^-5 +5.7e^-5
E 0.99M 0.99M 5.7e^-5
So for the concentrations of reactants at equilibrium, Fe is 0.99M and SCN is 0.99M
Did I do this correctly?
Chemistry(Urgent, please check) - DrBob222, Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 6:22pm
Are you subtracting 1.0-5.7e-5 and getting 0.99. No way.
Chemistry(Urgent, please check) - Hannah, Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 6:33pm
I put it in my calculator as 1.0 - 5.7 X e-5 and got 0.999943 I don't know why?
Chemistry(Urgent, please check) - Hannah, Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 7:00pm
So besides the weird number I got I'm guessing that I set it up correctly.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry(Please check, thank you!) - I completed a lab to find the ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - I completed a lab to find the determination of Kc. I ...
- Chemistry - Hi Please help Initial [Fe3+] = 0.00050 M Initial [SCN-] = 0.0010 M ...
- Chemistry - Ni+2 + SCN- <--> Ni(SCN)+ A reaction flask initially contains...
- science - college chemistry-absorbance of an equilibrium mixture Problem: A ...
- Chemistry - This is for a lab about determining the equilibrium constant. Given...
- Chemistry(Please check) - I need to calculate the valueof Kc for 5 test tubes ...
- Chemistry - With the initial concentrations of [SCN]= 0.0005 M, [Fe3+]= 0....
- Chemistry - I'm doing a chemistry lab called colorimetric equilibrium study of a...
- Chemistry - I need to calculate the valueof Kc for 5 test tubes for an ...