Posted by Hannah on Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 10:25pm.
For the reaction system, 2 H2O(g) + O2(g) == 2 H2O2 (g), the equilibrium concentrations are
(H2O2) = 0.120 M; (H2O) = 0.860 M; (O2) = 0.330 M.
Calculate the value of Kc for this reaction.
I did 0.120 / 0.860 X 0.330 = 4.4228 = 4.23.
Did I do this correctly?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 10:35pm
You didn't balance the equation and you didn't make the coefficients the exponents.
- Chemistry - Hannah, Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 10:40pm
To balance the equation would I add a 2 in front of the O2?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 11:11pm
To know if it balances or not, count the atoms and see. You don't need to ask anyone. You want to put a 2 for O2?
2H2O + 2O2 ==> H2O2.
I see 4 H atoms on the left. I see 2 on the right. Equation isn't balanced.
- Chemistry - Hannah, Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 11:14pm
so then 4.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 11:27pm
2H2O + 4O2 ==> H2O2
I see 4 H atoms on the left and 2 on the right. Equation isn't balanced. Quit guessing and count the atoms. Try a value and count. It's that simple.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Enthalpy changes: H2O2(l) ----> H2O(l) + 1/2P2(g) delta H= -94....
- chemistry - A mixture of hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, and hydrazine, N2H4, can be ...
- chemistry - 1. The bombardier beetle uses an explosive discharge as a defensive ...
- chem- i reallyneed help - Consider the following equations. N2H4(l) + O2(g) N2(g...
- please check my answer - Consider the following equations. N2H4(l) + O2(g) N2(g...
- Chem - An electrochemical cell based on the decomposition of H2O2 can be ...
- Chemistry - Hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, is a colorless liquid whose solutions are ...
- chemistry-help! - The initial rate of reaction for H2O2(aq) <-> H2O (l) 1/...
- chemistry - Given: H2 (g) + O2 (g) ⇌ H2O2 (g) K = 2.3 x 106 at 600 K 2 H2...
- Chemistry - The Kc for the following reaction at 940oC is 1.38. Given the ...