Posted by running.from.myself on Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:32pm.
I have to write about the Roman Circus. It asks for what I think about it, also. Mainly it wants what the circus is and who attends, wealthy or poor people, etc. How does this sound?
The Roman Circus was a very gruesome source of entertainment. Gladiators fought to the death- whether fighting animals or another gladiator, animals would fight animals to the death. It was very violent, but many people of wealth, and poor attended. Most people who fought were slaves and had no choice, but as crazy as it sounds people fought voluntarily, even if it destined them to die. Me personally, it may have been entertaining to me until someone died. Sure, I like to watch fights but I don't like to watch people die- whether they are my friends or not. Knowing I had just witnessed a death, puts a sharp pain in my chest, so I do not like the Roman circus.
- RomanCircus - running.from.myself, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:35pm
Oops. I forgot the indention. Other than that how does it sound?
- RomanCircus - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:41pm
You've confused the Roman circus with the gladiatorial games and other "entertainment." The circus took place on oval tracks where horses and chariots raced. The Circus Maximus was the main circus site in Rome.
The gladiatorial games and wild animals and killings took place in amphitheaters, like the Colosseum.
- RomanCircus - bobpursley, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:42pm
Why did people participate? Why did people attend? How did the Romans feel about death?
- RomanCircus - bobpursley, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:44pm
and, in the Movie: Ben Hur, I as bored to death :). Does that count?
Do separate the events as Ms Sue suggested.
- RomanCircus - running.from.myself, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 4:44pm
Okay. Thanks. I'll rewrite it. At least I can use this one for my next essay.
- RomanCircus - running.from.myself, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:10pm
OKay I posted one over the real roman circus.
- RomanCircus - running.from.myself, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 5:26pm
And good point bobpursley
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - An arena seats 7,893 people. The circus is in town and all of the tickets...
- math/estimating products - an arena seats 7,893 people.The circus is in town and...
- Roman Circus - A large, usually oblong or oval, roofless place, surrounded by ...
- social studies - what an indian circus is all about? These sites have ...
- English - 1. He worked in Mr. Batular's circus. 2. He worked in circus. 3. He ...
- Algebra - Billy watchedb the clown car drive up to the circus and saw 14 clowns ...
- General Education - Only circus animals with a clean bill of health will perform...
- math - Need help in solving this word problem. That are the steps? Of the total ...
- math - of the total number of spectators at a circus show, 1/4 are men. 2/5 of ...
- math - of the total number of spectators at a circus show, 1/4 are men, 2/5 of ...