Posted by lissa on Friday, March 2, 2012 at 1:03pm.
A crate of oranges slides down an inclined plane without friction. If it is released from rest and reaches a speed of 4.883 m/s after sliding a distance of 2.01 m, what is the angle of inclination of the plane with respect to the horizontal? Please note: Give your answer in degrees!
physics - Damon, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 2:59pm
v = a t
the AVERAGE speed is 2.4415 m/s
so t = 2.01 meters/2.4415 m/s = .823 seconds
4.883 = a (.823)
a = 5.93 m/s^2
F = m a
m g sin A = m (5.93)
9.81 sin A = 5.93
sin A = 5.93/9.81
solve inverse sin for A
physics - Anonymous, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 3:08pm
ý did 5,93/9,81 = 0,604485219.... but it is false... what is the answer exactly
physics - Anonymous, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 3:16pm
ok ok ok ok ý did. thanks... :D:D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PHYSÝCS I - A crate of oranges slides down an inclined plane without friction. ...
- physics - A crate of oranges slides down an inclined plane without friction. If ...
- Physics - A block of mass 12 kg starts from rest and slides a distance of 8 m ...
- physics 2 !!** - A 8 kg crate is placed at rest on an incline plane (s=0.8, k=0....
- physics - A body of mass 5.0kg slides from rest down a plane inclined at ...
- physics - A 16.0-N weight slides down a rough inclined plane that makes an angle...
- physics....plzzz help - A 2.5 kg wooden block slides from rest down an inclined ...
- physics - a crate weighing 3500 newton down an inclined plane at constant speed...
- Physics - a block , mass .10 kg, slides from rest without friction down an ...
- Physics - A steel washer is suspended inside an empty shipping crate from a ...