Posted by t on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 9:16pm.
there were 490 altogether in 2 groups. group A consited of only boys and group b constied of only girls. ther were 2 and a half times as many girls as boys. some girls joined group b and foe every 4 boys in group a 32 more boys jioned the group. the total number og girls was then one third the total number of boys. express the number of girls who jioned group b as a fraction of boys who jioned group a
- math - Steve, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 10:45am
to begin, A = 5/2 B
a boys joined A
32/4 = 8, so 8A boys joined the group.so, A = 1/8 A
b girls joined B
So, now there are
B+b = 1/3(9A) = 3A
5/2 A + b = 3A
b = 1/2 A
b = 1/2 * 1/8 A = a/16
A/4 = 3, so 3*32 = 96 boys joined A, making 1-8 boys in all
B+b = 108/3 = 36
so, 6 girls joined, or 96/16
- math :-( - Steve, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 10:47am
sorry about the mistyped capitalization. The lines in error should read
a = 1/8 A
b = 1/2 * 1/8 a = a/16
and there are 108 boys at the end, not 1-8
Answer this Question
- maths - 1)There are 7 groups of Scouts attending a campfire with an average of ...
- English Expression - A: How many boys and girls are there in the park? B: There ...
- Education - Ms. Ng has a class that is half boys and half girls. Given findings ...
- Math - If the ratio of girls to boys on the swim team is 2:3, which of these ...
- Math - Mrs.Smith's class has 12 girls and 8 boys. What percent of he class are ...
- Math - If the ratio of girls to boys on the track team is 5 to 6 which of these ...
- Math - What percentage of the students who chose biking were girls? Chart ...
- math - In a group no. of boys is48/5, no of girls is 32/5 and no. of techer is 2...
- math - Of a group of students 5/8 of them are boys. The girls are put into ...
- psychology - Researchers have found that, during childhood: A) girls' gender ...