Posted by dk on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:38pm.
when you read you can somethimes make a general statement, or generalization,about inividual ideas in the text.
a generalization tells how ideas are mostly alike or all alike.
directions read the following passage.
people of all ages can play basketball young children join sports clubs in their towns and learn how to dribble, pass,and shoot. many middle schools and most high schools have basketball teams. college basketball is popular in many states, especially in the midwest where winters are long and cold. in cities, "pick-up games" are a good way for adults to show off their basketball skill. even grandparents play basketball! it's a good all- around sport and a fun way to meet people.
directions complete the chart to answer the question and make a generalization. use the first sentence of the artical to help you.
what does the artical tell you about basketball?
1- young children learn
my son write is - how to dribble, pass, and shoot
2- middle and high schools have
my son write is - basketball teams
3- some grandparents play
my son write is - basketball
4- people of all ages
my son write is - can play basketball.
my son did all his work i want to he did right or not please read all top story and which is question 1 to 4 and my son put his answer next to so i want to now he is right or not please check everything thank you
- 3 grade english - Writeacher, Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:45pm
I think 2, 3, and 4 are correct.
Rethink #1 -- the missing punctuation at the beginning has misled him about what the first sentence is:
People of all ages can play basketball. Young children join sports clubs in their towns and learn how to dribble, pass,and shoot.
With the correct capitals and punctuation, have him re-think #1.
- 3 grade english - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:46pm
Yes, your son is right.
The next time you post, please start your sentences with capital letters. They will make it easier for us to read your posts.
- 3 grade english - Celest, Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 7:13pm
- 3 grade english - dk, Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 7:28pm
thank you every body for helping my son. ;)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3 grade english - ideas stated in text you are sometimes alike in several ways. ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - GENERALIZE WHEN YOU READ YOU CAN SOMETIMES MAKE A ...
- ms.sue 3 grade english - Posted by dw on Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 6:24pm. ...
- English - I have to pick a topic for an argumentative research paper, but when I...
- English Expression - 1. After you read the first passage, mark all the things ...
- writing - So I read books 12-16 of The Annals by Tactius and haven't yet ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - compare and contrast when you compare and contrast two ...
- Generalization essay - "In this exercise you'll write an essay supporting a ...
- English - "In this exercise you'll write an essay supporting a generalization ...
- English 2 - Need help with this-- "In this exercise you'll write an essay ...