Posted by jada on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 4:52pm.
if the average salinity is 35 parts per thousand how many grams of dissolved salts will 500g of seawater contain
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 5:06pm
35 parts/1000 parts = 35g/1000g so how many grams NaCl would be in 1/2 that amount? Wouldn't that be just 35 x (500/1000) = ?
Look at it another way.
35g/1000g = 0.035g/g. So if there are 0.035g in 1g sea water there would be 0.035 x 500 = ? in 500 g sea water.
chemistry - Calli, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 2:14pm
Oceanography - Hannah, Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 1:30pm
I need that broken down cause I'm 11 and I have no idea what I am doing. Help!
oceanography - colin, Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 11:52am
oceanography - king o king, Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 10:55am
science - ezu, Monday, February 6, 2017 at 8:28pm
I dont know
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - 1. What is the percent by mass of a solution that contains 50 grams ...
- Oceanography - If the chlorinity of a sample of seawater is 5.5 0/00, what is ...
- oceanography - One (1) kilogram of seawater (35‰) contains __ grams of dissolved...
- Chemistry (concentrations) - A liquid mixture has 12.6 parts per thousand of ...
- chemistry - the solution contain 6 grams of caustic soda dissolved per dm.find ...
- Chemistry. - Please explain how to solve this question, and why you use your ...
- chemistry - If 19.7 g of CaCl2 are present in 200 mL of aqueous solution, what ...
- chemistry - If 0.60 mg of KCl is present in 3.0 L of aqueous solution, what is ...
- chemistry ! - a 135-g sample of sea water is evaporated to dryness, leaving 4.73...
- chemistry - Calculating Parts per million Helium gas, 3.0 x 10^-4 is dissolved ...