Posted by saranghae12 on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 10:17pm.
i have two problems that i need to write an inequality for.
a) One third of a number, decreased by thirty six, is at most twenty two. Find the number.
b) A school's Spanish club is welling bumper stickers. They bought 100 for $55, and have to give 15 cents for every sticker sold. If they plan to sell each sticker for $1.25, how many do they have to sell to make a profit?
Please help and explain so i can understand. Thank you! :)
- 8th grade math - Steve, Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 11:02am
number = n
one third of number is: n/3
decreased by 36 is: n/3 - 36
is at most 22: n/3 - 36 <= 22
n/3 - 36 <= 22
n/3 <= 58
n <= 174
cost for n tickets: 55 + .15n
profit is when revenue > cost:
1.25n > 55 + .15n
1.1n > 55
n > 50
cost for 50 = 55 + 7.50 = 62.50
revenue for 50 = 1.25 * 50 = 62.50
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - One-third of a number, decreased by thirty-six, is at most twenty-two. ...
- math - I need help with a problem. One third of a number, decreaesd by thirty-...
- math - two-thirds of a number, decreased by thirty-six, is at most twenty-two. ...
- Grade 8 Math - Can you write them in Mathematical/numbers form I'll solve them ...
- C++ - Using C++ (if, char or Boolean) Write a program that asks the user for a ...
- Math - 3. What is 0.72 written as a simplified fraction? (1 point) seventy-two ...
- Math - I need help please: Express in symbols:"Six decreased by the product of a...
- Math - How would you solve for these word problems in one variable inequality ...
- 6th grade math - Can you check these problems, please? Translate each phrase ...
- math,correction - Number problems. You have at least $30 in change in your ...