Posted by Amaya on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:39pm.
Quilt squares are cut on the diagonal to form triangular quilt pieces. The hypotenuse of the resulting triangles is 18 inches long. What is the side length of each piece?
Thank You I Really Appeciate it! :)
One Trigonometry Question Please Help! - Amaya, Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:41pm
apparently you can't type square root, I'm really sorry those a symbols are supposed to be square root symbols so
9 sqrt 3 inches
18 sqrt 2 inches
9 sqrt 2 inches
I'm sorry and thank you in advance!
One Trigonometry Question Please Help! - Steve, Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:44pm
since the diagonal of a square of side s is s√2, a diagonal of length 18 means a side of 18/√2 = 9√2
One Trigonometry Question Please Help! - Amaya, Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:50pm
Thank You :)
One Trigonometry Question Please Help! - bob, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 9:35pm
8 1/2 inches long into 1/2 inches long will be how many short pecies
One Trigonometry Question Please Help! - unknown, Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 7:13pm
Ask your teacher Please!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - quilt squares are cut on the diagonal to form triangle quilt pieces. the ...
- Geometry - Please check my answers 1. A triangle has side lengths of 34 in, 20 ...
- Math - Sarah was cutting fabric for a quilt. She cut a strip of fabric that was ...
- basic algebra - the perimeter of a piece of cardboard is 34 inches. squares ...
- Math - Shelly and Michelle are making a quilt. They have a piece of fabric that ...
- math ! - A quilt design uses parallelogram-shaped pieces that have a base ...
- Math HELP!! - Chuck needs to cut a piece of cardboard for an art project at ...
- math - joan has 2 similar rectangular shaped pieces that she is using for her ...
- Math - Semester A Unit 4 Lesson 5: Cool Crafts Portfolio Template Choose a room ...
- algebra 1 - Apiece of yarn 29 inches is cut into two parts, If one of the ...