Posted by Lucy on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 12:39am.
using the chain rule find the min and max points and their values of the composite function defined by z=x^2+y^2, x=sin(2t), y=cos(t)
This is what Ive got so far...
I understand the steps of computing the max and min I just can't seem to solve this problem. Its on a test I have due tomorrow so please help!!
Please help for my test CALculus - MathMate, Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 8:45am
You need to find dz/dt=0, so set
Expand using double-angle formulae:
8cos(t)sin(t)(cos(t)^2-sin(t)^2)-2cos(t)sin(t) = 0
t=0, t=π/2, t=π and t=3π/2
when sin(t)=0 or cos(t)=0.
This leaves us with:
which can be reduced by the substitution
to a quadratic equation equivalent to
Now that leaves you to check each point as a maximum/minimum or inflection point using second derivatives.
Please help for my test CALculus - zack, Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 3:23pm
vai toma no cu
Please help for my test CALculus - pirocudo kid bengala, Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 3:24pm
vai te fude caralho nao fode nao vai estudar nao tem essa de ficar pedindo ajuda pr aprova na net ta xapada de nescau caraio
Please help for my test CALculus - pirocudo kid bengala, Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 3:26pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- cal3 - Using the chain rule, find the min and max points and their values of the...
- calculus - find max, min and saddle points of the give function f(x,y)=sin(x)+...
- Calculus - Find f'(x) if f(x)=sin^3(4x) A. 4cos^3(4x) B. 3sin^2(4x)cos(4x) C. ...
- Calculus - I have y = sin^2(3^(x)) which I rewrite as y = (sin(3^(x)))^2 I got ...
- Calculus - Find any absolute max/min and local max/min for the function f(x)=x^3...
- math - can some one please help me with the following questions as i don't ...
- calculus - Could someone check my reasoning? thanx Find the derivative of the ...
- Please check my Calculus - 1. Which of the following describes the behavior of f...
- Please check my Calculus - 1. Find all points of inflection: f(x)=1/12x^4-2x^2+...
- Math - Find the critical points and the interval on which the given function is ...