Posted by stacy on Monday, February 27, 2012 at 12:21am.
1. If f(x)=sin(x^2), Find f'(x) and f'(1)
2. If d/dx(f(3x^3))=9x^2, Calculate f'(x).
3. Let f(x)=cos(6x+6), find f'(x)
4. Let f(x)=-2sec(2x), find f'(x)
COLLEGE CALCULUS. HELP! - Steve, Monday, February 27, 2012 at 12:03pm
Looks like an exercise in the chain rule:
f(x) = sin(x^2)
f'(x) = cos(x^2) * 2x = 2x cos(x^2)
f'(1) = 2cos(1)
Let g(x) = f(3x^3)
dg/dx = dg/df * df/dx
9x^2 = dg/df * 9x^2
1 = dg/df
Looks like g(x) = x
so, g(f) = f
dg/dx = df/dx = 9x^2
f' = -sin(6x+6)*6
f' = -2sec(2x)tan(2x)*2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...
- COLLEGE CALCULUS. HELP! - i don't know how to start this problem. i don't like ...
- calculus - Find the points on the curve y= (cos x)/(2 + sin x) at which the ...
- Trig - If angle A is 45 degrees and angle B is 60 degrees. Find sin(A)cos(B), ...
- Calculus - ∫((cos^3(x)/(1-sin^(2)) What is the derivative of that integral...
- CALCULUS - If cos(t)=–7/9, find the values of the following trigonometric ...
- Pre-calculus help - I have two problems I am stuck on, if you could show me how ...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Math/Calculus - A series circuit contains a resistor with R = 24 ohms, an ...
- Trig - Find sin(s+t) and (s-t) if cos(s)= 1/5 and sin(t) = 3/5 and s and t are ...