Posted by Tom on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 6:45pm.
We had to write a conversation in Spanish between a clerk and me wanting to buy pants I wanted them to be loose and I had to pay in cash Could you please check
La dependienta: ¿En qué puedo servirle señor?
La clienta: Busco los pantalones negro pero estos son muy apretados.
La dependienta: ¿Qué talla usa?
La clienta: Uso la talla treinta y cuatro.(I’m trying to say size 34)-
La dependienta: Hay la talla
La clienta: Quiero tratar de los pantalones.
La clienta: Son perfecto. Los pantalones están flojas.
¿Cuánto cuestan los pantalones?should I use cuesta or cuestan?
La dependienta: Cuesta setecientos pesos.
La dependienta: ¿Cómo va a pagar?
La clieneta: Pago en efectivo.
la dependieta: Muchas gracias
La clienta: Muchas gracias
- Spanish-Please check - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 6:46pm
I'll email this to SraJMcGin.
- Spanish-Please check - Tom, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 7:14pm
Thank you for doing that
- Spanish-Please check - SraJMcGin, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 8:43pm
If it is "la clienta" the address would be "Señora" or "Señorita" but not "Señor" so I'd put "el cliente" where you have "la clienta."
los pantalones negros (the "specific" black pants) so I'd say "unos pantalones negros" = SOME black pants. Because the noun (pantalones) is masculine plural, the adjective (negros) must also be plural and masculine.
estos pantalones (adjective) BUT éstos (as the pronoun standing in for both words)
"Hay la talla" might better be: "Aquí hay esa talla" = Here is that size
"to try on" clothes = probarse, so here: Quiero probarme los pantalones.
Son perfectos. (adjective has same number-singular/plural and gender-masculine/feminine) as the noun modified
están = they seem BUT son = they are
cuestan (in both cases) because the subject (los pantalones) is plural
The response to "Muchas Gracias" is "you're welcome" = De nada (OR no hay de qué)
Note the type of errors you made, so you won't make them again! :)
- Spanish-Please check - Tom, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 9:04pm
Thank you very much for correcting this-we're just learning this and I never thought it would be so difficult to do a conversation-thank you again
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- @SraJMcGin Spanish Check - Hola! SraJMcGin was helping me yesterday with my ...
- Social Studies - Before 1720, what was the difference in the relationships ...
- aig math - a factory had 1080 shirts and pants altogether.after donating 60 ...
- Antrolopogy - How did systems of Spanish landholding and mining affect native ...
- English - In my previous post I didn't include the USA when mentioning the ...
- Spanish-Please check SraJMcGin - Hi, I redid some of the answers as suggested ...
- Spanish - Which of the following is NOT a difference between schools in Puerto ...
- Spanish-Please check my work - Could someone please check this for me. I had to ...
- Spanish-SraJMcGinplease check - I had to write a conversation about going to the...
- 7th Grade Social Studies!! - Quick question- 1) All of the following contributed...