Posted by Tom on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 6:45pm.
We had to write a conversation in Spanish between a clerk and me wanting to buy pants I wanted them to be loose and I had to pay in cash Could you please check
La dependienta: ¿En qué puedo servirle señor?
La clienta: Busco los pantalones negro pero estos son muy apretados.
La dependienta: ¿Qué talla usa?
La clienta: Uso la talla treinta y cuatro.(I’m trying to say size 34)-
La dependienta: Hay la talla
La clienta: Quiero tratar de los pantalones.
La clienta: Son perfecto. Los pantalones están flojas.
¿Cuánto cuestan los pantalones?should I use cuesta or cuestan?
La dependienta: Cuesta setecientos pesos.
La dependienta: ¿Cómo va a pagar?
La clieneta: Pago en efectivo.
la dependieta: Muchas gracias
La clienta: Muchas gracias
Spanish-Please check - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 6:46pm
I'll email this to SraJMcGin.
Spanish-Please check - Tom, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 7:14pm
Thank you for doing that
Spanish-Please check - SraJMcGin, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 8:43pm
If it is "la clienta" the address would be "Señora" or "Señorita" but not "Señor" so I'd put "el cliente" where you have "la clienta."
los pantalones negros (the "specific" black pants) so I'd say "unos pantalones negros" = SOME black pants. Because the noun (pantalones) is masculine plural, the adjective (negros) must also be plural and masculine.
estos pantalones (adjective) BUT éstos (as the pronoun standing in for both words)
"Hay la talla" might better be: "Aquí hay esa talla" = Here is that size
"to try on" clothes = probarse, so here: Quiero probarme los pantalones.
Son perfectos. (adjective has same number-singular/plural and gender-masculine/feminine) as the noun modified
están = they seem BUT son = they are
cuestan (in both cases) because the subject (los pantalones) is plural
The response to "Muchas Gracias" is "you're welcome" = De nada (OR no hay de qué)
Note the type of errors you made, so you won't make them again! :)
Spanish-Please check - Tom, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 9:04pm
Thank you very much for correcting this-we're just learning this and I never thought it would be so difficult to do a conversation-thank you again
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- @SraJMcGin Spanish Check - Hola! SraJMcGin was helping me yesterday with my ...
- Spanish Check - Hi! Can someone check my answers to these three Spanish ...
- Spanish - Please check if the following conversation is correct: ¡Hola! ¿Como ...
- Spanish Check - Hello! Could someone please check these for me? Thanks a bunch...
- Spanish-Please check my work - Could someone please check this for me. I had to ...
- Spanish-Please check SraJMcGin if possible - Please check if you have time we ...
- Spanish-Check please! I need help - Please check-I'm having a problem ...
- Spanish-please check - had to make up questions using the past tense of decir,...
- Spanish-Please check this one also - I had to make up questions using the past ...
- Spanish-one more check please - I had to make up questions using the past tense...