Posted by Taeyeon on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 2:43am.
Consider the curve defined by 2y^3+6X^2(y)- 12x^2 +6y=1 .
a. Show that dy/dx= (4x-2xy)/(x^2+y^2+1)
b. Write an equation of each horizontal tangent line to the curve.
c. The line through the origin with slope -1 is tangent to the curve at point P. Find the x – and y – coordinates of point P.
calculus - Reiny, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 8:13am
If I read your equation as
2y^3 + (6x^2)(y) - 12x^2 + 6y = 1
then your dy/dx is not correct
8y^2 dy/dx + 6x^2 dy/dx + 12xy - 24x + 6dy/dx = 0
dy/dx(8y^2 + 6x^2 + 6) = 24x - 12xy
dy/dx = 12x(2 - y)/(2(4y^2 + 3x^2 + 3) )
= 6x(2-y)/(4y^2 + 3x^2 + 3)
Please check before I proceed
calculus - Taeyeon, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 4:08pm
This is what I found in the paper though.
calculus - Anonymous, Friday, March 7, 2014 at 2:53am
$4000 is invested at 9% compounded quarterly. In how many years will the account have grown to $14,500? Round your answer to the nearest tenth of a year
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Help Calc.! - original curve: 2y^3+6(x^2)y-12x^2+6y=1 dy/dx=(4x-2xy)/(x^2+y^2+1...
- please help; calc - original curve: 2y^3+6(x^2)y-12x^2+6y=1 dy/dx=(4x-2xy)/(x^2+...
- Need help fast on calc - original curve: 2y^3+6(x^2)y-12x^2+6y=1 dy/dx=(4x-2xy...
- Calculus - Please help this is due tomorrow and I don't know how to Ive missed a...
- Calculus AB - Could someone please help me with these tangent line problems? 1) ...
- Calculus - Consider the curve given by y^2 = 2+xy (a) show that dy/dx= y/(2y-x...
- Calculus AB - Sorry but I've got a lot of problems that I don't understand. 1) ...
- AP AB Calculus - Linear approximation: Consider the curve defined by -8x^2 + 5xy...
- math - consider the curve defined by the equation y=a(x^2)+bx+c. Take a point(h,...
- Calculus [finding slope of tangent line] - Find the slope of the tangent line to...