Posted by kim on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 9:17pm.
solve by the substitution method. 6x+3y=-21 -4x+y=41
- algebra - luther, Friday, February 24, 2012 at 10:49pm
there are so many ways of doing this problem! you can solve for x or y.
let's solve for x.
when u solve x= 1/4y-41/4
plug that value of x into the other equation: 6x+3y=-21
it should look like this
6(1/4y-41/4)+3y=-21 and solve for y
after u solve for y
plug it in to whatever equation & solve for x and then u check it.
you can do it vice versa & solve for y first if you want too:)
- algebra - Reiny, Friday, February 24, 2012 at 10:50pm
from the 2nd: y = 41-4x
sub into the 1st:
6x + 3y = -21
6x + 3(41-4x) = -21
6x +123 - 12x = -21
-6x = -144
x = 24
sub into y = 41-4x = 41-4(24) = -55
x = 24
y = -55
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - bobpursey, In this problem you helped me with earlier: Solve using ...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- substitution method - Solve by substitution method please help me solve this. I ...
- Algebra II - How do you solve the linear equations x+y=5 3x-y=3 by use of the ...
- algebra - Solve by elimination method. 2r-5s=-33 5r+2s=48 Solve by substitution ...
- math ALGEBRA - Solve by either the substitution method or the addition or ...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...
- algebra - use the Substitution Method. Please give it a try. y = 3x + 4 5x + 3y...
- Math - 17) solve this linear system using the method of substitution. 2y-x=-10 y...
- math substitution method - use the substitution method to solve 7x+5y=-26 x=28-...