posted by Hero on .
By studying in the USA, I believe that I am not only getting an internationally recognized education, but also a thrifty one. My decision to study here will help me become independent. In addition, the money I save by studying here will eventually help me realize my life's dream: to open a free dental clinic with oral hygiene classes in the rural areas of Pakistan and other countries. My parents always told me to brush my teeth morning and night, but it was not until high school that I actually realized why I did that. So imagine my parents learned from their school and encouraged me, but if a villager living in a shanty town does not know the importance of oral hygiene, how will his children learn? Who is there to teach them?. Becoming aware of oral diseases and their cause is the most important thing that the unfortunate community requires the most and suffers the greatest. My aim is to educate these ill-fated people to help them. . Oral/Dental hygiene, and in fact any kind of care is one's duty; however, if they are unaware, it is the educated people’s responsibility to guide them before their ignorance causes them harm. Protecting oral hygiene can save one from costly diseases.With the dream of my clinic I want to make change in peoples lives and their oral cavities. Attending SMDEP will bring me closer to my selfless goal.
Correct the errors in each of these places:
- "So imagine my parents learned from their school and encouraged me..."
- "oral diseases and their cause" (only one cause?)
- "ill-fated people to help them. . Oral/Dental hygiene..." (2 errors in here)
- "however, if they are unaware, it is the educated people’s responsibility to guide them before their ignorance causes them harm." (Who are "they"/"them"?)
- "Protecting oral hygiene can save one from costly diseases.With..." (Who is "one"? What's going on after that period?)
- "With the dream of my clinic I want to make change in peoples lives and their oral cavities..." (You only want the dream of the clinic? You don't want the reality? You want to address only the cavities? Nothing else?? And there's a possessive form in there that needs to be written correctly.)
oral cavity - the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge; "he stuffed his mouth with candy"
mouth, oral fissure, rima oris
teeth, dentition - the kind and number and arrangement of teeth (collectively) in a person or animal
glossa, lingua, tongue, clapper - a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
mouth - the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening; "she wiped lipstick from her mouth"
cakehole, maw, yap, gob, trap, hole - informal terms for the mouth
buccal cavity - the cavity between the jaws and the cheeks
gingiva, gum - the tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth
palate, roof of the mouth - the upper surface of the mouth that separates the oral and nasal cavities
salivary gland - any of three pairs of glands in the mouth and digestive system that secrete saliva for digestion
rima - a narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts