Posted by sarah on Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 5:37am.
Speed of Sound. Sound travels through air as a result of collisions between the molecules in the air. The temperature of the air affects the speed of the molecules, which in turn affects the speed of sound. The velocity of sound in dry air can be approximated by the formula:
velocity = 331.3 + 0.61 × T
where Tc is the temperature of the air in degrees Celsius and the velocity is in meters/second.
Write a program that prompts the user for a starting and an ending temperature. Within this temperature range, the program should output the temperature and the corresponding velocity in one degree increments. In the example below, the user entered 0 as the start temperature and 2 as the end temperature:
Enter the starting temperature, in degrees Celsius: 0
Enter the ending temperature, in degrees Celsius: 2
At 0 degrees Celsius the velocity of sound is 331.3 m/s
At 1 degrees Celsius the velocity of sound is 331.9 m/s
At 2 degrees Celsius the velocity of sound is 332.5 m/s
Input Details: The input will consist of two integers, both responses to program prompts.
Output Details: The program uses the prompts shown in the example above. The output percentage must have one digit past the decimal point.
- writting a program - MathMate, Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 8:50am
Sarah, Aymee, Abby:
I hope you realize that at this forum, we do not write the programme for you.
Here we give help in different ways,
- understand the problem in hand,
- analyze the requirement
- comment on any proposed solution or help with an algorithm
- resolve errors of syntax, logic or execution
- comment on results
You will be expected to take the first step by telling us what you can achieve, and where your difficulties are.
I suggest you start with posting a pseudocode for your problem if you would like assistance. If you can post code, that would accelerate your project immensely.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics HELP!! - The sound intensity of 1.2x10-12J/m2s is the threshold of ...
- physics ..PLEASE HELP ASSIGN DUE SOON :( - The sound intensity of 1.2x10-12J/m2s...
- Science - The difference between the speed of sound in air at 0 degrees Celsius ...
- physics - A bat emits a sound whose frequency is 83.6 kHz. The speed of sound in...
- Physics - A bat emits a sound whose frequency is 83.2 kHz. The speed of sound in...
- Check my answers?--SCIENCE - 1. What is true about X-rays and microwaves? a. X-...
- Science--Check My Answers? - 1. What is true about X-rays and microwaves? a. X-...
- Physics - A hammer taps on the end of a 8.13m long metal bar at room temperature...
- 9th grade - Use the following Info. At sea level the speed of sound in air is ...
- Physics - A hammer taps on the end of a 4.20 m long metal bar at room ...