Posted by Janae on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 9:50pm.
1. m^2 - 7m - 30
2. z^2 + 65z + 1000
3.x^2 - 45x + 450
4.d^2 - 33 d - 280
- Algebra 1 - cariissa, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:05pm
The area of a rectangular field is given by the trinomial t2 – 4t – 45. The length of the rectangle is t + 5. What is the expression for the width of the field?
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:10pm
MathMate already did one of them for you
why not try his method for the others.
I will do the last one: d^2 - 33d - 280
280 = 56x5 , difference in factors of 33 ? no
280 = 40x7 , difference in factors of 33 ? YES
-280 = -40 x 7 , (-40) + 7 = -33
d^2 - 33d - 280 = (d - 40)(d + 7)
ok, your turn
Show us how you would do the other two.
- For cariissa - Reiny, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:14pm
Please do not insert a new question as a reply to somebody else's question.
All you have to do is factor t^2 - 4t -45
To make it really simple, one of the factors is already given, so
t^2 - 4t - 45 = (t+5)(........)
you know it has to start with (t ......) and end in (.....-9)
does that produce a middle term of -4t ?? , YES
so we are done.
the width is t-9
- Algebra 1 - Janae, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:24pm
1000=5x200 dont none of them work
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - factor the trinomial. 1. m^2-7m-30 2. z^2+65z+1000 3.x^2-45x+450 4.d^2-...
- algebra* - Find the following product: -9x^5y(-5x^4y^6) A)-14x^9y^7 B)45x^9y^7 C...
- Algebra - Find the product: -9x(-6x2 + x + 5) A.54x2 – 9x – 45x B.-15x3 – 8x2 – ...
- Calc - find the area between y=x^3–14x^2+45x and y=–x^3+14x^2–45x i am having ...
- Mtahs Metre to millimetres - Hi, Can anyone please check the following ...
- algebra - 45x^2+42x+9
- elementary algebra - 4x^2-45x+50=0
- Math expression - If the customer uses more than 450 minutes the payment is $39....
- algebra - Divide 36x^3-73x^2-45x-6 __________________ 9x + 2
- Algebra - Find two consecutive even integers that have a sum of 450. 224+226=450...