Posted by Lisa on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 4:33pm.
In order to share an XML file among different systems and programs, this XML file need to checked well, what are the two things to be done?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
programming - MathMate, Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 9:12pm
I am not very familiar with XML. However, the above code looks reasonable to me. (Names are matched and nested, proper cases have been used, etc.)
If you have doubts about the syntax, you can have a syntax check using W3C's XML validator:
You just have to paste the code and it will display the diagnostics.
To be shared among users/systems, I believe it will need a document type definition (DTD) to define all the fields. As you notice, some fields are omitted. So the definition will indicate what are the "default" fields.
If you don't have adequate notes or textbook for your course, you can read up on W3C's tutorials. They are full of examples and explanations. See for example:
Hope this helps.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- programming - In order to share an XML file among different systems and programs...
- Computers (XML) - employees.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <...
- Computer Programming (XML) - Using the employees.xml file below, create a DTD ...
- Math - How would one write y = 2/3x -4 in standard form? First read: http://www....
- computer science - The following is a possible XML description of a reference. ...
- Computer science - Need help on how write this program. "The Eversoft Eraser ...
- computers (Check) - Will someone please check my C++ for me? 1. What does the ...
- Alicia, Literature Help - Now that I know you are studying literature and that "...
- programming - write a program that creates a list of employees objects of size n...
- Forensic Science - Hello. I have to right a Forensic investigation paper on ...