Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 2:02pm.
Point E is the centroid of triangle ABC. Find DB.
AF = 10x=3
EF = 2x+5
EB = 4x+3
This is for median of triangles.
geometry - Reiny, Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 5:23pm
You have probably learned that the centroid divides a median in the ratio of 2:1, with the longer side towards the vertex.
I will assume that the median is AF, and you meant
AF = 10x + 3
so AF : EF = 2:1
(10x+3)/(2x+5) = 2/1
10x + 3 = 4x + 10
6x = 7
x = 7/6
Not enough information to find DB.
Was the triangle isosceles or equilateral?
geometry - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 3:05pm
Triangle is isosceles.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - The medial triangle of a triangle ABC is the triangle whose vertices...
- Hard Geometry Problem - Hi guys. I need a lot of help on this. "Equilateral ...
- Geometry - What is point P in triangle ABC called? A.incenter B.median C....
- GEOMETRY - In triangle ABC, centroid D is on the median line segment AM. AD=x+4 ...
- GEOMETRY ONE QUESTION!? THANK YOU! - In triangle ABC, centroid D is on the ...
- Geometry - Let ABC be any triangle. Equilateral triangles BCX, ACY, and BAZ are ...
- GEOMETRY - LINE CD IS MEDIAN OF TRIANGLE ABC AND M IS THE CENTROID.MMIF CM = 14 ...
- Geometry - AM is a median of a triangle where A is one vertex and M is the ...
- geometry - point g is the centroid of triangle ABC find value of x, FG=x+8 and ...
- geometry - Theres a circle with an equilateral triangle in the middle. The ...