April 25, 2014

Homework Help: Chemistry

Posted by Matthew on Monday, February 20, 2012 at 7:10pm.

So, they give me a word equation, where I am suppose to try and create a balanced equation for it.

Ammonium phosphate and barium hydroxide react to form ammonium hydroxide and barium phosphate.
2(NH4)3PO4 + 3BaOH2 → 6NH4OH + Ba3(PO4)2
[I was thinking there should be parenthesis in the OH on the reaction part of the equation)

Lead (II) nitrate decomposes to lead (II) oxide, nitrogen dioxide, and oxygen gas.
2Pb(NO2)2 → 2PbO + 4NO2 + O2
2Pb(NO3)2 → 2PbO2 + 4NO2 + O2
[I can't seem to figure out which one is right. I think I did them both correctly.]

aluminum and iron (III) oxide to produce aluminum oxide and iron metal.
Al + FeO → Fe + AlO

sodium chloride, sulfur dioxide gas, steam, and oxygen gas to produce sodium sulfate and hydrogen chloride gas.
4NaCl + 2SO2 + 2H2O + O2 → 2Na2SO3 + 4HCl
NaCl + SO2 + 2H2O + O2 → Na2SO4 + 4HCl

sulfur dioxide gas and liquid hydrogen fluoride to give sulfur tetrafluoride gas and water.
SO2 + HF → SF4 + H2O
[I have NO IDEA what I am doing on this one]

Any help would be great! I think I'm getting the hang of it, but then again they could all be wrong.

Answer this Question

First Name:
School Subject:

Related Questions

chemistry - Phosphoric acid and barium hydroxide solutions mix to form water and...
Math - How do you write an equation from a word problem when they give you two ...
Chemistry - For the equation give the formula equation, ionic equation, and the ...
algebra - Explain the words relation and function. Include in your explanation ...
chemistry - How do I balance this equation. Give the complete or "molecular" ...
Chemistry - hi I'm having a serious problem with balancing chemical equations , ...
Chemistry - hi I'm having a serious problem with balancing chemical equations , ...
English - please give me a word that can be associated with the word "pirates" ...
chemistry - Magnesium oxide forms from magnesium metal and oxygen gas. Write a ...
Spelling - What is a 5 letter word for "To give way" with ie in the word?