Posted by Anonymous on Monday, February 20, 2012 at 6:50pm.
Is the correct answer cscxtanx/sinx+cosx?
I'm stuck on this one. I don't know what I should do.
What do I do next?
Please help and Thank you
- Trigonometry - Reiny, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 7:44pm
(1/sinx)(sin^2x + cos^2x(sinx/cosx) )/(sinx + cosx)
= (sinx + cosx)/(sinx+cosx)
sin 2x/(1+ cos 2x)
= 2sinxcosx/(1 + 2sin^2x - 1)
= tan x
#3 new approach
remember that sin(90-x) = cosx
and cos(180-x) = -cosx , you are attempting to "prove" these in your solution
= cosx - cosx(tanx) - (-cosx)(tanx)
- Trigonometry - Anonymous, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 7:50pm
I'm still confuse in #3
- Trigonometry - Reiny, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 7:57pm
ok, let's go to your solution ....
= cosx-((1)cosx-(0)sinx)(tanx) - ((-1)cosx+(0)sinx)tanx
= cosx - cosxtanx + cosxtanx
- Trigonometry - Anonymous, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 8:08pm
I know where you're getting at but it's cosx-(sin90cosx-cos90sinx)sinx all over cosx-(cos180cosx+sin180sinx)tanx
sorry I should've put brackets to separate them.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 12 - Simplify #1: cscx(sin^2x+cos^2xtanx)/sinx+cosx = cscx((1)tanx)/sinx+...
- Trigonometry Check - Simplify #3: [cosx-sin(90-x)sinx]/[cosx-cos(180-x)tanx] = [...
- Pre-Calc - Trigonometric Identities Prove: (tanx + secx -1)/(tanx - secx + 1)= ...
- Trigonometry. - ( tanx/1-cotx )+ (cotx/1-tanx)= (1+secxcscx) Good one! ...
- Precalculus/Trig - I can't seem to prove these trig identities and would really ...
- Math - Verify the identity . (cscX-cotX)^2=1-cosX/1+cosX _______ sorry i cant ...
- Trig........ - I need to prove that the following is true. Thanks (cosx / 1-sinx...
- maths - trigonometry - I've asked about this same question before, and someone ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Prove: (tanx)(sinx) / (tanx) + (sinx...
- Trigonometry - Prove the following trigonometric identities. please give a ...