Posted by Henry2 on Monday, February 20, 2012 at 3:10pm.
I urgently need you to check this summary I wrote on "fiction". I'm sending it into two separate posts.
Thank you very much, writeacher!!
1) The setting is the time and place in which the action of a book happens.
The setting can reveal a great deal about the character or the character’s feelings. It can even become symbolic of the personality of the character. Therefore, it is not incidental but a significant part of the novel.
2) Time setting usually refers to the time of the day, the season, the year.
3) We speak (I don't think it is correct) of chronological time when the sequence of events are told in chronological order, that is they are presented as they really happen.
4) We speak, instead, of fictional time when the sequence of events are combined in a different order by the author.
5) Place setting can be interior or exterior and it deals with the description of the landscape (outdoor scenery), interiors and objects. The story can take place/occur (can you give me other suitable verbs?) on a deserted island or in wild, barren places.
English - Writeacher, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 3:23pm
2. A setting's time usually refers to the time of day, the season, and/or the year.
3. An author uses chronological time when the story is told in chronological order; that is, events are presented as they happen.
4. We speak, instead, of fictional time when the sequence of events is combined in a different order by the author.
5. A setting's place can be an interior, including objects, or exterior, the landscape. The story can take place on a deserted island or in wild, barren places.
Here are other verbs for "occur":
take place, befall, betide, come, come about, come off, develop, hap, happen, pass, transpire.
(Not all are useful for your sentence!)
English - Karam Bomber Bomber, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 2:57pm
My age- jun/05/1973 worck in-studio city-imphal
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - From my book: "Setting provides much more than just the backdrop ...
- English - I urgently need you to check these few sentences, Writeacher. Thank ...
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need to rephrase Shakespeare's sonnet "When I ...
- English - Writeacher, what time is in your country now? I really need you to ...
- English - I am in the 7th grade and I love books that are fiction. Here are some...
- English - I am writing an essay based whether non fiction can equal or surpass ...
- English - I urgently need you to help me with these sentences. Thank you very ...
- English - I urgently need you to check this part for me. Thank you very much for...
- English - Doing a book review assignment for Obasan by Joy Kogawa. It cannot be ...
- English - Thank you very much. I just have a few doubts about an email I need to...