Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 11:47pm.
Two canoeists in identical canoes exert the same effort paddling and hence maintain the same speed relative to the water. One paddles directly upstream (and moves upstream), whereas the other paddles directly downstream. With downstream as the positive direction, an observer on shore determines the velocities of the two canoes to be
and +2.5 m/s, respectively.
(a) What is the speed of the water relative to the shore?
(b) What is the speed of each canoe relative to the water?
- Physics - Raghav, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 12:15am
The driver of a speeding empty truck (initial speed of Vi) slams on the brakes and skids to a stop through a distance d. Assuming that the brakes always supply the same stopping force, consider the following situations:
(a) If the truck carried a load that doubled its mass, what would be the
truck’s “skidding distance” in terms of d?
(b) If the initial speed (with its initial mass) of the truck were halved, what would be the truck’s “skidding distance” in terms of d?
(c) If the stopping distance is now 4d, what is the initial velocity (Vi) of the truck?
- (to Raghav) - drwls, Monday, February 20, 2012 at 5:32am
Use "Post a new question" for your question. Do not post it as an answer to someone else's different question
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college-Physics - Two canoeists in identical canoes exert the same effort ...
- physics - Two canoeists in identical canoes exert the same effort paddling and ...
- Physics - Two canoeists in identical canoes exert the same effort paddling and ...
- algebra/ word problem - Justin paddles his kayak 6 miles upstream in 1,5 hours. ...
- physics - two canoeists start paddling at the same time and head toward a small ...
- Math - Jamie trains on his surfs every weekend. He paddles upstream for 3 1/2 ...
- Math - Dayle is paddling his canoe upstream, against the current, to a fishing ...
- physics - Two canoeists start paddling at the same time and head toward a small ...
- physics - Two people take identical jet skis across a river, traveling at the ...
- Physics - A swimmer heads directly across a river, swimming at 1.9 m/s relative ...