Posted by Farrell on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 10:24pm.
Ms. Sue I worked on my thesis and and my outline, can you please tell me what you think? I appreciate it so much!
Iíd like to define the traditional family and compare it to a modern television show and argue that even though the traditional family holds family values and morals, a more modernized family can bring unity because there is more communication involved, more democracy and decision-making, and gender roles are also being switched in certain areas as well.
This is my OutlineL
I. Introduction: Traditional vs Modern
The modernized family today is no where close to what your traditional family back in the 40's use to be. Or at least that is how television portrays how families back then use to be. A family would commonly consist of two parents which is a mother and a father, and a child or two depending how many children the parents have. And they would all live together in harmony, compatible with each other, mother is a housewife staying at home taking care of the children while the husband goes out to work to support the family. But does this type of family household describe your typical family today in the modern world? A lot has changed since then and their really isn't many families that represent television shows such as "Leave it to Beaver" or "Lassie" anymore. And one would think this may not be such a good thing but the more recent version of what family values represent today may have more advantages than one may think. Even though the traditional family may hold morals values, a more modernized family may have some real advantages compared to the old fashion familiy, such as more democracy and freedom, better communication also due to technology, and gender roles being switched between parents.
Thesis: A modern family of today can work as well as if not better than a traditional family of yesterday because of better communication, more democracy, and sharing roles between parents.
1. Sex and pregnancy was not to be talked about whether in private or public. Now itís okay to talk about these things.
2. Families back then just did what was their role without complaining discussing their feelings. And now that we have advanced technology such as email, the internet, and cell phones, families can communicate with each other much better than before which can bring a family closer.
1. The husband/father use to be the dominant one in the family. He was the one to make majority of the decisions and that was it.
2. Now wives/mothers get to have a say, and also the children gets to participate in decision-making and as well as making their own choices depending on the situation.
1. Gender roles back then for husbands/fathers were to work and be served at home. It was not common for the male to do too much house work, only to go to work and make money.
2. The womanís role is commonly known for doing all if not most of the house hold chores such as doing the laundry, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the children. Some might have worked, however, the husband is usually the bread winner. Women are now going to school for a career and doing jobs that was not well known for a woman to traditionally do.
Can you tell me if my thesis/argument is okay and also my outline?
Thank you very very much!!!
- English - Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 11:00pm
I emailed your post to Writeacher who is much more experienced with essays than I am. Here's her answer:
"Her thesis is there but not very strong. Would you give her this link and tell her to make it much stronger?
Also she keeps saying 'back then' or something equally vague. She needs to be much more specific. To what decade or era is she referring?
I'll check for her rewrite in the morning.
- english - Ms. Sue - Farrell, Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 11:38pm
ok thank you Ms. Sue!! I will work on it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TO MS. SUE - MS.SUE IM IN THE 6TH GRADE AND IVE WORKED ON IT FOR 3 DAYS NOW I ...
- ms. sue - ms. sue how do i start a thesis statement for participant observation ...
- @Ms. Sue La - THANK YOU Ms. Sue you are a life saver all the time. I see some ...
- English..Ms.Sue(take a look here please) - Discuss the society in Brave New ...
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue could you please read my essay and tell me if it's good? I ...
- English - Hello. Dear Ms.Sue, I see you are online. You have helped me so many ...
- Biology - ms. sue - ms. sue can u please tell me about noah's flood. exactly ...
- English - ms. sue - ms. sue i think of idea for mental illness story down below ...
- To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue could you please take a moment to look at my previous ...
- To MS SUE - Ms. Sue I would really like your ideas, maybe from yours I could ...