Posted by JeannieC on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 7:29pm.
Computer sales over the past 4 months have been 35, 34, 38, and 44 units.
„L Using a 3-month moving average, forecast sales for the next month.
(35+34+38)/3 = 35.67
(34+ 38+44)3 = 38.67
„L Using a 3-month weighted moving average with the weights 3, 2, and 1, and with the most weight on the most recent data, forecast the next period¡¦s sales.
[(1x44) + (3x38) + (3x34)]/6=
44+114+102=260/6 = 43.3
„L Calculate the forecast using exponential smoothing with an alpha of 1 and a first period¡¦s forecast of 35.
New forecast (NF) = 44
Last period¡¦s forecast (LPF) =38
Last period¡¦s actual demand = 38.67
(NF=LPF + a (LPAD ¡VLPF)
35 + 1 (44-35)
35 +1 (9)
35 + 9
I am kinder lost on this, not sure if I did it correctly.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Qualitative analysis - Computer sales over the past 4 months have been 35, 34, ...
- Finance - Here is a forecast of sales by National Bromide for the first 4 months...
- Finance - Forecasting Collections. Here is a forecast of sales by National ...
- Math - you're setting sales goals for next month, you base your goals on ...
- C Programming - how do i write a C program that accepts sales made by 5 sales ...
- C Programming - Write a C program that accepts sales made by 5 sales reps for ...
- statistics - Refer to the following table which contains the sales (in $,000) ...
- math - the actual sales for the last four years have been 24 units,30units,...
- Marketing - A survey of local businesses firms to determine how they forecast ...
- budget and forecasting - Using the table “Gasoline Sales Time Series”, calculate...