Posted by carlton on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 1:25am.
find the derivative
ln [x^3 +((x+3)^3)((x^2)+4)^7
cal 2 - drwls, Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 1:30am
You left out a ] somewhere
cal 2 - Steve, Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 11:39am
Hmm the logical fix would be
ln [x^3 +((x+3)^3)]((x^2)+4)^7
a^3 + b^3 = (a+b)(a^2-ab+b^2), so
x^3 + (x+3)^3 = (x+(x+3))(x^2 - x(x+3) + (x+3)^2)
= (2x+3)(x^2 + 3x + 9)
and the log of the product then becomes
y = ln(2x+3) + ln(x^2+3x+9) + 7ln(x^2+4)
y' = 2/(2x+3) + (2x+3)/(x^2+3x+9) + 14x/(x^2+4)
If my placement of  is wrong, please feel free to clarify
cal 2 - Geminese, Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 2:59pm
Find the derivative of the function
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- CAL- derivative - Find the derivative; y= x^3(5x-1)^4 So this is my answer y'=2x...
- cal - Find the second derivative of the function. f(x)= (3x^3+7)^7
- cal - Find the derivative of the function. f(x)= x^8√5-3x
- Calculus - derivatives - Okay, I want to find the derivative of (x^x)^(x^x)... ...
- Pre-cal - Hi, I don't understand this problem also. Find the the relative ...
- CAL - Consider the function y = 3x^5 – 25x^3 + 60x + 1 Use the first or second ...
- Integrated Physics and Chemistry - The specific heat capacity of copper is 0.09 ...
- calc - derivative of (x^3/6)+(1/2x)? i got (x^2/2)-(1/2x^2) is that correct? and...
- Calculus - 1.) Find the derivative of tan (sec x). 2.) Find the derivative if 1/...
- Chain Rule - Any help would be much appreciated with the steps involved in each ...