Posted by annie on Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 1:30pm.
Cities and urban areas were a source of economic opportunities in the post-Medieval Western world.
How was the full potential of Western cities and urban areas in this regard was realized during the Industrial Revolution?
history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 1:36pm
I'll be glad to comment on your answer.
history - annie, Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 1:51pm
Well, basically, here is what I've got so far..
I believe that the industrial revolution promoted urban life. To a certain point, people would a associate urban living to better living. Migration from rural areas to urban areas was popular back then.
During the industrial revolution, steam engines and factories were some of the things that revolutionized the means of livelihood of the people.
The full potential of the western cities were realized through economic growth (the existence of factories created a faster way of the production of goods)and migration.
history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 1:56pm
You might also consider that the lives of peasants who did farm labor was very hard. By moving to cities, these people could be assured of steady jobs, a relatively decent place to live, food, and opportunity to improve their lives.
history - annie, Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 2:18pm
Thank you. :)
Though I was thinking, should it be "full potential"? or just the potential.. I mean, urban life is still moving forward so there's no way of telling that it has reached its full potential, right? :) Or maybe I'm just overthinking.
history - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 2:55pm
I think you're right. Potential, not full potential, is better.
history - annie, Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 8:46pm
okay. thank you :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- world geography - the population in east asia is concentrated in: a. urban areas...
- American Studies - Affordable housing and improved transportation allowed people...
- World Geography - 1.Which of the following demographic characteristics ...
- History - Describe how living conditions in cities changed during the Second ...
- VERY URGENT!!! - Large numbers of people have moved from rural areas to urban ...
- World Geography - REVIEW 1.____________ spread cultural traits because they ...
- History - 1. As industry spread, the British and German governments initiated ...
- Texas Government - Which of the following areas of the state is relatively safe ...
- Ms. Sue! The Industrial Revolution - What role did the Enlightenment play in the...
- history - Janet Abu-Lughod’s 2 articles argue that from the 1000s to the 1400s, ...