Posted by elvis on Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:35pm.
The reaction A + B + C = products has a rate law rate = kA]C]2. Which of the following will result in an increase in the rate constant for the reaction?
#1 - increasing the temperature
#2 - adding a catalyst
#3 - doubling the concentration of reactant C
a. only one of these (only #1 or only #2 or only #3)
b. #1 and #2 only
c. #1 and #3 only
d. #2 and #3 only
e. all three will result in an increase in the rate constant for the reaction.
HELP HELP HELP!
chemistry - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:40pm
You must be having an identity crisis!
You've posted 10 chemistry questions using different names,
chemistry - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:42pm
We know that Elvis, Steve, Senior pup, and Dom are the same person.
chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:48pm
To add to the response by Ms Sue, you get answers much faster if you don't switch screen names.
chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:53pm
The rate CONSTANT changes with T but it does not change with the addition of a catalyst or changing concn. Adding a catalyst WILL change the rate (but not the constant) and changing the concn of C WILL change the rate but not the constant.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) The reaction A + B + C = products has a rate law ...
- chemistry - The rate law of the overall reaction. A + B -> C is rate = k[ A...
- Chemistry - The reaction 2NO (g) + 2H2 -> N2 (g) + 2H2O (g) was found to ...
- Chemistry - 1. For the reaction 2N2O(g) ⇋ O2(g) + 2N2(g), what happens to ...
- chem - If a reaction rate increases with temperature, how will the rate constant...
- science - If a reaction rate increases with temperature, how will the rate ...
- Chemistry - A student tested the effect of temperature on the decomposition of ...
- Chemistry - Explain the following observation in terms of the collision theory, ...
- Chemistry - Before a chemical reaction reaches equilibrium, A. the reaction ...
- chemistry - What is the rate of the following reaction (M/s) if the rate ...