Posted by Nick on Friday, February 17, 2012 at 5:02pm.
1.In "Paul's Case," why does Paul go to work early?
A. He didn't want to get caught skipping school.
B. He liked looking at the pictures in the art gallery.
C. He wanted to wrestle with the other boys.
D. He didn't want to lose his job.
2. Which one of the following short stories takes a series of completely ordinary events and develops them into a character study?
A. "A Private History of a Campaign That Failed"
B. "Paul's Case"
C. "Young Goodman Brown"
D. "A Pair of Silk Stockings"
5. Paul's tattered clothes are a symbol of his
A. economic circumstances.
B. unconcern about what he looked like.
C. rebellious nature.
D. desire to insult the faculty.
12. According to the analyses of the stories you were asked to read, "A Pair of Silk Stockings" best represents literary
14. In "Young Goodman Brown," Hawthorne reveals his feelings about his Puritan ancestors when
A. the dark man reveals that he helped Brown's forebears persecute others.
B. Brown strives to resist his dark mission.
C. Faith expresses her anxieties about young Brown's departure.
D. Brown discovers his catechism teacher is on speaking terms with the Devil.
16. Which one of the following short stories is an example of an allegory?
A. "A Pair of Silk Stockings"
B. "The Private History of a Campaign That Failed"
C. "Young Goodman Brown"
D. "Paul's Case"
17. At the beginning of "Young Goodman Brown," Brown's wife says, "Pray tarry with me this night, dear husband, of all nights in the year" (1). This statement is an example of
18. The wicked witch and the big bad wolf are examples of
C. dynamic characters.
19. Analyzing Hawthorne's complex story "Young Goodman Brown," it's reasonable to conclude that Goodman Brown's perception or interpretation of events represents a setting at the _______ level.
20. In "Paul's Case," the story suggests that Paul's "dark corner" represents his
A. destiny as a misfit.
B. contempt for authority.
C. homosexual orientation.
D. fear of his father.
- english - Writeacher, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 5:36pm
If you let me know what YOU THINK the answers are, I'll check them for you.
- english - Nick, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 8:06pm
Well as you can see its not all 1-20 the ones I left out were the ones I know, I'm having some trouble with these..
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 8:31pm
Hmm! You're taking an online exam and don't know 20 of the answers???
Have you read these stories?
Have you even read the questions?
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 8:35pm
- english - Nick, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 11:11pm
I've gotten my books, And have done all my work, this is my last section and I don't know these stories, I can seem to find them in any of my books.
- english - Nick, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 11:13pm
- english - Savior, Friday, November 1, 2013 at 5:57pm
That's all I remember but you should use your study guide and use the search box with, it helps a lot!!
Answer this Question
Short Stories - 1.In "Paul's Case," why does Paul go to work early? A. He didn't...
Paul Martin - Who knows what website I can go to for some baby pictures of Paul ...
English - In "Paul's Case," members of the faculty don't like Paul's carnation ...
Literature - 1. Which one of the following short stories takes a series of ...
Literature (short story) - In "A Pair of Silk Stockings," the silk stockings are...
english - Write S if the sentence is simple .Write C if the sentence compound. 1...
probability - The odds against Paul Phillips winning the 100 yard dash are 7:2...
Drama - About the movie" Hotel Rwanda¡±£º 1. 1. What moment did Paul's life ...
literature - 2. Studying the plot elements in "A Pair of Silk Stockings," you ...
math - Wandy and Paul are saving to buy their home. Wandy saved $16 390 while ...