Posted by Nick on .
1.In "Paul's Case," why does Paul go to work early?
A. He didn't want to get caught skipping school.
B. He liked looking at the pictures in the art gallery.
C. He wanted to wrestle with the other boys.
D. He didn't want to lose his job.
2. Which one of the following short stories takes a series of completely ordinary events and develops them into a character study?
A. "A Private History of a Campaign That Failed"
B. "Paul's Case"
C. "Young Goodman Brown"
D. "A Pair of Silk Stockings"
5. Paul's tattered clothes are a symbol of his
A. economic circumstances.
B. unconcern about what he looked like.
C. rebellious nature.
D. desire to insult the faculty.
12. According to the analyses of the stories you were asked to read, "A Pair of Silk Stockings" best represents literary
14. In "Young Goodman Brown," Hawthorne reveals his feelings about his Puritan ancestors when
A. the dark man reveals that he helped Brown's forebears persecute others.
B. Brown strives to resist his dark mission.
C. Faith expresses her anxieties about young Brown's departure.
D. Brown discovers his catechism teacher is on speaking terms with the Devil.
16. Which one of the following short stories is an example of an allegory?
A. "A Pair of Silk Stockings"
B. "The Private History of a Campaign That Failed"
C. "Young Goodman Brown"
D. "Paul's Case"
17. At the beginning of "Young Goodman Brown," Brown's wife says, "Pray tarry with me this night, dear husband, of all nights in the year" (1). This statement is an example of
18. The wicked witch and the big bad wolf are examples of
C. dynamic characters.
19. Analyzing Hawthorne's complex story "Young Goodman Brown," it's reasonable to conclude that Goodman Brown's perception or interpretation of events represents a setting at the _______ level.
20. In "Paul's Case," the story suggests that Paul's "dark corner" represents his
A. destiny as a misfit.
B. contempt for authority.
C. homosexual orientation.
D. fear of his father.
If you let me know what YOU THINK the answers are, I'll check them for you.
Well as you can see its not all 1-20 the ones I left out were the ones I know, I'm having some trouble with these..
Hmm! You're taking an online exam and don't know 20 of the answers???
Have you read these stories?
Have you even read the questions?
- English - Ms. Sue,
I've gotten my books, And have done all my work, this is my last section and I don't know these stories, I can seem to find them in any of my books.
That's all I remember but you should use your study guide and use the search box with, it helps a lot!!