Posted by tori on Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 10:54pm.
On a map, Town A is 8 km due south of Town B, Town C is 9 km from Town A, and Town C is 3 km from Town B (see figure below). Find the bearing from Town A to Town C and the bearing from Town B to Town C.
geometry - yoyoma, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:33pm
Hello, there is no figure but I shall try my best to figure it out.
I think this is probably a triangle.
A is 9 km SW of C and B is 3 km NW of C. I hope this helps.
geometry - tori, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:48pm
Thank you a ton!!
geometry - yoyoma, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:51pm
geometry - Steve, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 10:47am
To find the actual bearings, find the angles A,B,C, using the law of cosines. For example,
BC2 = AB2 + AC2 - 2*AB*AC*cosA
9 = 64 + 81 - 144cosA
cosA = 136/144
A = 19º
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - One day we decided to dive from town A to town B. In order to get there ...
- math - Town P is on bearing 315 degree from town Q. While town R is south of ...
- math - One day we decided to drive from Town A to Town D. In order to get there ...
- Math - One day we decidid to drive from town A to town D.In order to get there,...
- Maths - Karen took 1hour 45mins to drive from Town A to Town B. She took another...
- percentage - Karen took 1h 45m to drive from town a to town b.she took another ...
- math - a map is drawn using the scale 2 cm: 100 mi. on the map ,town b is 3.5 ...
- Math - A motorist took a total of 4hr to drive from town A to town C. He took ...
- math - At the first tri-city meeting there are 8 people from town A, 7 people ...
- math - The Position of two A and B on the earth’s surface are (36°N, 49°E) and (...