Posted by David on Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 10:07pm.
at 25C and 795 torr, carbon dioxide has a solubility of 0.0356 M in water. What is the solubility at 25 C and 2070 torr? ____ M
I know that at a given temperature, the solubility of a gas in a liquid is directly proportional to its pressure but how would that be set up in an equation..?
Chemistry - yoyoma, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 12:10am
Hello, I think that this should help.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 12:17am
You are exactly right. You set it up this way.
0.0356M x (2070 torr/795 torr) = ?
If you want to do real scientifically, the equation is
p = kc.
We evaluate k = p/c and plug in the first set of conditions.
k = 795/0.0356 = 22,331
Then p = kc and solve for c
c = p/k = 2070/22,331 = = ?
You should obtain the same answer.
Chemistry - David, Friday, February 17, 2012 at 12:55am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - At 25 degrees celsius and 775 Torr, carbon dioxide has a solubility ...
- Chemistry - A certain gas has a solubility of .50 g/L under a pressure of 1500 ...
- chemistry - What happens to the solubility of oxygen gas (O2) in water in each ...
- Chemistry - Question One The fictitious compound, pandemonium fluoride ( PnF2 ) ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following mixtures of KCl in water is a saturated ...
- chemistry - I have a lot of trouble doing this chemistry exercise It says: The ...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, the solubility of gas in water at 2.04 is ...
- chemistry - Which of the following is true regarding the solubility of gases in ...
- chemistry - Given--The solubility of NH3 in H2O is 518 g/L at a partial pressure...
- Chemistry - Use Henry's law and the solubilities given below to calculate the ...