Posted by Mohammad on Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 8:31pm.
So ms. Sue before you say that theme of story be donít look back or you be destroyed.
ms. sue before I start this paragraph, I also need to put 5 quotes in paragraph from story, which u think be best ones to put in there?
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 8:45pm
You should choose the five quotes that mean something to you.
- English - Mohammad, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:16pm
well they have to relate to theme so it be :
- i sat staring at the telephone for a long time and thought about statues
-And when i left she kept expecting me to come back like eurydice waiting and i didn't even look back ( i not really get this that mean he not care for his wife)
-the phone could brighten up the night; once call to someone. A name somewhere in the directory
-id have liked to have been on the moon with an endless supply of lightbulbs; wire the moon to shine away the night.
-i couldnt assemble the words to build the picture the way it really was.
there be better ones than these that represent theme?
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:24pm
Those quotes are good.
Eurydice was the wife of Orpheus. In the myth, Orpheus rescued her from death. But because he looked back, Hades took her back to death.
I think he's saying that because he didn't look back, he gave her a chance for a life of her own.
- English - Mohammad, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:49pm
oh ok that make real sense thanks ms. sue :)
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:52pm
You're welcome, Mohammad.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - what be theme of this story? move on with life? dont look back at past...
- english - i want to ask what be thematic statement? it say write 2 or 3 ...
- English-Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue you know the description of the old house I did, well ...
- English 7 (Ms. Sue) - Ms. Sue I need your help for the second paragraph for my ...
- English - Ms. Sue - Hi Ms. Sue Iím Aaron and Iím Mohammadís friend, I helped ...
- English - ms. sue - ms. sue i post question about story identities. i not get ...
- English - First slide: I not know what to put on first slide, I was putting ...
- English - ms. sue - thanks ms. sue for reading story yesterday, i need help ...
- Grade 12 Physics - A young woman named Sassy Sue purchases a sports utility ...
- Grammar - I have a question when to start a new paragraph in first person ...