Posted by annie on Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:51am.
How do I prepare 100mL of 10g/L HCl from concentrated HCl(37%HCl, density 1.19g/mL)
Is it 2.28mL of conc HCl dilute to 100mL with water?
Please show the calculation steps.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:59am
M 37% HCl is
1.19 g/mL x 1000 mL x 0.37/36.46 = 12.08M
M 10g/L is
10/36.46 = 0.274 M
Then use the dilution formula of
My answers is 2.268 which rounds to 2.28 mL. I suspect the only difference is in what we used for the molar mass HCl
Chemistry - Karen, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 12:16pm
37% HCl is 0.37g/g
to prepare 100mL of 10g/L HCl solution you need 1g of HCl
then the volume of 37% HCl is
1g/(0.37g/g x 1.19g/mL)=2.27mL
Chemistry - Rita, Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 5:44pm
suppose you dissolve 10 grams of HCl gas in 250 ml of water initially at 25 C, what till the final temperature of the solution be?
Chemistry - khalid, Monday, August 24, 2015 at 3:35am
is this refer to pharmacopia
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - How do I prepare 100mL of 10g/L HCl from concentrated HCl(37%HCl, ...
- Chemistry - 1) Prepare 100mL of 10%w/w HCl from 37%concentrated HCl(density of ...
- Chemistry - I have liquid concentrated HCl (37%w/w) To prepare 100ml of 10g/L ...
- Science - what is the required amount of con hcl needed to prepare 100ml of w/v ...
- Chemistry - A solution of is prepared by adding 50.3ml of concentrated ...
- Chemistry 151 - 5) How many mL of 1M HCl is used to make the following dilutions...
- Chemistry - prepare some 0.1 HCl by diluting the appropriate volume of stock '...
- chemistry - how many mL of 1M HCL is used to make: 100mL of 0.1M hcl 250Ml OF 0....
- chemistry - suppose u r given a conc soln of hcl which is known to be 37% hcl & ...
- chemistry - describe the preparation of 100ml of 6.0M HCl from a concentrated ...