Posted by Nannielee on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 12:49pm.
Why aren't all forms of discrimination unconstitutional? In what cases might it make sense for the government to discriminate between types of people?
American Government - Writeacher, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 12:57pm
Not all applications of the word 'discriminate' are negative. You've probably heard it so much in connection with stereotyping and racial/ethnic issues that it automatically translates to 'negative' in your mind.
The government discriminates between children with special needs and those without special needs. Those with special needs usually require more assistance in their learning, and that costs more money (for aides, equipment, etc.).
How else do you think the government discriminates for some people's benefit?
American Government - Nannielee, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 1:09pm
They might discriminate against colored people, like they still do in Alabama..
American Government - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 1:31pm
Does the government still discriminate against colored people in Alabama? How?
American Government - Nannielee, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 1:47pm
Yes, i'm not sure how, but my history teacher told me that. Is that wrong? They don't?
American Government - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 1:59pm
Please ask your teacher to explain. Perhaps she means that the people -- not the government -- discriminate in Alabama.
American Government - Writeacher, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 2:15pm
Hmmm! I thought you were looking for examples of instances when discrimination by a government body was advantageous.
I must have read your first post wrong ... but I don't think I did!
American Government - Nannielee, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 3:28pm
He's a he lol (: You where write writeacher....
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American Government - The Constitution establishes rules that the United States ...
- American Government - With which of the following statements would the Founding ...
- American Government - 7. Which of the following six organizing principles are ...
- American Government PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWER!! - 7. Which of the following six ...
- government - Originalists often hold that it is incorrect to use the Equal ...
- American History - The failures of the Articles of Confederation showed that A...
- Colonies in the wilderness - Why was the government of Canada(1791) not truly a ...
- American History - Many people think that political parties make the will of the...
- history - Between 1947 and 1951, what did the loyalty boards that were ...
- US History - What did the Supreme Court cases and the ultimate outcome for the ...