Posted by krystal on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:00pm.
Aluminum metal reacts with oxygen gas (O2) to form aluminum oxide.
a. Write a balanced equation for this oxidation-reduction reaction. (In this problem you need not worry about the physical state of the reactants or product.)
b. which reactant is oxidized?
c. Which reactant is being reduced?
d. What is the oxidizing agent?
e. What is the reducing agent?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:07pm
None are right including the equation. it isn't balanced.
Oxidation is the loss of electrons.
Reduction is the gain of electrons.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:10pm
This site is a good redox site.
- chemistry - krystal, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:39pm
O2 is being oxidized
Al is being reduced
Al is the oxidizing agent
O2 is the reducing agent
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 11:04pm
Second time through is right on all.
- chemistry - Sarah, Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 3:21pm
Im confused still for the first question
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Can you tell me if these are right please? When 2.50g of copper ...
- Science - Chemistry - Aluminum oxide is formed from the reaction of metallic ...
- Chemistry - In this balanced equation 4Al + 3O2 = 2Al2O3. When 0.54 mole ...
- Science (chemistry) - Write a balanced chemical equation and state the reaction...
- Chemistry - Aluminum cookware is reffered ti as "anodized aluminum". The ...
- chemistry - when aluminum metal reacts with iron (III) oxide to form aluminum ...
- Intro Chem - 4Al(s) + 3O2(g)2Al2O3(s) Delta H reaction = -3351.4 kJ How much ...
- chemistry - If 45.3 grams of aluminum react with an excess of oxygen, as shown ...
- Chemistry - Aluminum metal reacts with iron (III) oxide to produce aluminum ...
- chemistry - A 4.78-g sample of aluminum completely reacts with oxygen to form 6....