Posted by jim on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 9:33pm.
IF THIS WAS 1500 SQFT. WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE.I have two small Yorkies that love to go outside and play, so being on a leash just doesn’t work for them. So I decided to get them a fence so they can play how they like too. I live in a townhouse, its 1600 sqft yet its big enough for them. I will end up needing 165 ft of fencing to keep my dogs safe in my backyard.
2. L=2w+5 and w= 3L-4
3. A= LW
1600 sqft= (2W+5)w
1600 sqft= 2W^2 + 5W
2W^2+ 5W- 1600 sqft= 0
4. Next I used to the quadratic formula to figure out what w= which is x = +/- sqrt (b^2 – 4ac)/2
W= -5+/- sqrt (5^2-4(-1600)/4
W= -5+/- sqrt (25 + 6400)/4
W= (-5+/- 105)/4
W=( -5 + 105)/4
W+ (-5 – 105)/ 4
W= 20 ft and w= 27. 5
Length cannot be negative so therefore the w= 27.5
L= 2(27.5) + 5
L= 60 ft
5.) To find the perimeter the formula is P= 2L+2W
P= 2(60) + 2(27.5)
P= 165 ft
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - I need help on formulating this into a paper that has to be 1500 words...
- area of a rectangle, i think? - Okay, so Spot the dog is on a 10 foot leash. The...
- History - I am doing a presentation on Greenland. I decided to dress up like a ...
- dog behavior - Please check my answer thanks so much :) During a controlled ...
- Shakespeare, English - Please edit- suppose to show how love is out of balance ...
- math - A dog is tied to a leash that is hooked to the outside corner of a barn ...
- geometry - A dog is tied to a leash that is hooked tot he outside corner of a ...
- English - You will need to research a type of mythical creature, such as ...
- College Algebra - The sum of two numbers is less than 12. The second number is 8...
- College - I have always wanted to go to college from the first moment I ...