Posted by Samir on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 3:16pm.
Does it sound right?
Tengo un primo como vive en España, Madrid, cerca Puerta del Sol. Es mi primo Fabian y tiene diecinueve años. Es de España pero no habla español. Fabian te gusta esciar. Mi primo ha tenido dos gatos azules pero hemos morido ayer por la mañana. Esta bastante bajo y un poco de gordo. Esta muy bueno, simpatico y muy liso.
Tiene unos brazos brazos robustos y unos pies habladores . Se pelo es negro y rizado. Sus ojos es azules tiene grande boca con muchos dientes....
Is there any grammatical errors?
Thanks in advance!
- Spanish - beginner - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 3:28pm
I'll email this to SraJMcGin.
- Spanish - beginner - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 5:04pm
Let's begin with the English grammatical error! ARE there any grammatical errors! (Knowing correct English can help with Spanish.
If I don't mention a sentence from above, it's because it's OK.
clause relater "que" = que - that but como - how, as
Tengo un primo que vive en Madrid, España, cerca de la Puerta del Sol.
He likes to ski? "gustar" is NOT the verb "to like" but the verb "to be pleasing to..." which explains why it is usually used in the 3rd person singular or plural.
A Fabián le gusta esquiar. (to ski (it) is pleasing to Fabian)
the cats (THEY, not WE!) have died = ...pero han muerto (irregular past
participle of morir)
Está = he seems but Es = he is
Es bastante bajo y un poco gordo. (a little fat/chubby)
NOT Está (he seems) but ES (he is) muy bueno, simpático (accent necessary) y muy listo (clever) because "liso" is "smooth!"
Only one "brazos" so delete one of them = habladores = talkative! I'm not sure what y ou want to say about the "feet" since there is no English here.
El (or Su) pelo...
Not "his eyes IS blue, but they ARE blue" = Sus ojos son azules, y tiene una boca grande (large mouth, size wise? gran boca = famous mouth)...
Some errors to watch out for:
1. verb has same number (singular/plural) as the subject
2. learn the "rule of accents" (or ask for it) as to why certain words MUST have accent marks or they are incorrect
3. adjective(s) will have the same number (singular/plural) and gender (masculine or feminine) as the noun(s) modified.
4. check spelling in a good dictionary
- Spanish - beginner - DAME/Samir, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 2:11am
Thank you very much!!!!
- Spanish - beginner - DAME/Samir, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 2:13am
Thank you very much!!!! You are the best!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- spanish/check please - Underline the best word. 1-Quiero viajar mucho y (conocer...
- Spanish - 38. "_______" "Ramon, Esteban y Teodora." a. ¿Cómo son? b. ¿Cómo se ...
- Spanish - This is a letter I had to write in Spanish/. Can someone please check ...
- Spanish: Please Help - Please help. Thank You. Which is the correct choice? ¿Cuá...
- Spanish 2 help please - Can someone check my answers? Provide the correct word...
- Spanish 2 help please - Can someone check my answers please? Provide the ...
- Spanish: Please Help - Please help. Thank You Which is the best answer for this ...
- spanish - im really confused on the difference between conocer and saber. can ...
- spanish sra JMcGuin - 1. Approximately what percentage of the world's Spanish-...
- Spanish - "¿Conoces a mi amigo Alfredo?" "Sí, pero no ___ muy bien." a. lo ...