Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 12:47am.
The bongo family has three children, including a pair of twins. The third child is 3 years younger then the twins. The sum of the three ages is 42. How old is each child?
- Algebra - Bosnian, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 1:35am
a = age of the twins
b = age of the third child
b = a - 3
a + a + b = 42
2 a + b = 42
2 a + a - 3 = 42
3 a - 3 = 42
3 a = 42 + 3
3 a = 45 Divide both sides by 3
a = 45 / 3
a = 15
b = 15 - 3
b = 12
- Algebra - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 5:35pm
the first of two films lasted 9 minutes less than twice as long as the second. the combined length of the two films plus a 5-minute break between them was 260 minutes. how long was the first film?
- Algebra - Minecraft is Amazing, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 11:24pm
x + 2x - 9 + 5 = 260
3x - 4 = 260
3x = 264
x = 88
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - The bongo family has three children, including a pair of twins. The ...
- algebra - Twins Diana, and Riana are each 6 years older than their younger ...
- math - there Are four children in a family, the sum of the squares of the ages ...
- 6th grade - There are five children in the family. Each child is three years ...
- statistics - There are four children of di erent ages in a family. Their mom ...
- Algebra - The oldest child in a family of four children is twice as old as the ...
- Math - In the Ambrose family, the ages of the three children are three ...
- math - There are 10 children (aged 1 to 10 years) who have equal amounts of ...
- Math - Jan is on year younger than her brother Bill and on year older then her ...
- Algebra - The Smith family has 13 children, all born exactly 2 years apart. How ...