Posted by Laruen on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 8:57pm.
Please check my essay to see if it's good. I edit and revise it MANY times and plus my teacher help me on the last paragraph.
The American Revolution
From 1763 through 1776 the American colonies sprit of rebellion was escalating. After a long period of being ignored, England put harder rules over the colonist. Economic, political, and social factors made the colonist take steps that led to their independence.
According to Document 1 and 3 it stated that England treats the colonies as if they were children. They always tax colonist so that way they wonâ€™t have any money. The British taxed them after the French and Indian war. The colonists were angry and tried to over throw the king. They didn't have a lot of rights. The British were highly trained & experienced troops, have the best navy in the world, ships move troops easily, and had loyalist support. They were hard to be defeated.
According to Document 6, in the Boston Massacre, British soldiers killed 5 colonists, Paul Revereâ€™s painting â€œThe Bloody Massacre is happening on King Streetâ€ increased anti â€“ British feelings. This painting is no completely true. The reason why itâ€™s not true is because it was the wrong number of the soldiers, there was snow, and the colonists were throwing snow and ice all the soldiers.
According to Document 7, Thomas Paine wrote â€œCommon Senseâ€. Theyâ€™re some quotes in Thomas Paineâ€™s â€œCommon Sense about Britain mistreating the colonies. He feels that Britain has been mistreating the colonies and â€œbullyingâ€ or fighting them. He asks the colonist to fight for independence as they were being mistreated by Britain rights such as life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
According to Document 8, Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence in 1776. People are promised undeniable rights such as life, liberty, and pursuit happiness. If the government become harmful the colonist have the right to change or abolish (get rid of) a harmful government.
I showed two causes of the American Revolution. In addition, I describe two examples of colonial response to specific actions taken by the British since England put harder rules over the colonist.
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ Essay Check - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 9:12pm
Looks good, Laruen!
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ Essay Check - Laruen , Monday, February 13, 2012 at 9:15pm
Thank You! :)
Finally! I'm done with all of my hw
u kno i had hw for all of my classes 2nite (besides content support, gym and orchestra)
i had hw for sci, math, eng, facs, and ss
thanks for helping me w/ my hw
have a wonderful night
see u online 2morrow
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ Essay Check - john, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 4:49pm
yes. really n.o.c
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP US History - Is a DBQ supposed to be a generic 5-paragraph essay or is it a ...
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ Essay - I have this assignment for my social studies ...
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ (PLZ read!!!) - I'm almost done with my essay. I just ...
- essay writing - What is the number 1 essay writing rule? A.Edit and revise your ...
- Social Studies 8R - Paragraph Check - Please check my paragraph to see if it's ...
- essay writing - what is the last thing you should do before turning in your ...
- help please:) - What is the number one eassy writing rule? A.Edit and revise ...
- help please :) - What is the last thing you should do before turning in your ...
- English - Which of the following is a good rule to follow when proofreading an ...
- COMPARISON/CONTRAST ESSAY-Please Proofread - 1. what are the type of comparison ...