Posted by Katie on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 6:35pm.
Write the balanced chemical equation for each of these reactions. Include phases. When aqueous sodium hydroxide is added to a solution containing lead(II) nitrate, a solid precipitate forms. However, when additional aqueous hydroxide is added the precipitate redissolves forming a soluble [Pb(OH)4]2–(aq) complex ion.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 6:54pm
2NaOH(aq) + Pb(NO3)2(aq) ==> Pb(OH)2(s) + 2NaNO3(aq)
Pb(OH)2(s) + 2NaOH(aq) ==> Na2Pb(OH)4(aq)
- chemistry - Sarah, Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:19pm
I had the exact same question, but the when I tried the second equation, it was wrong.
- chemistry - Massie, Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 11:19pm
Same as Sarah
- chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, March 18, 2013 at 9:12pm
second equation is
- chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 7:45pm
You forgot the 2Na+(aq) ions as products of the second reaction.
- chemistry - Anya, Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 7:50pm
You have to put " Pb(OH)4(aq) " in square brackets... [Pb(OH)4]2–(aq)
- chemistry - Yugi, Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 4:13pm
The answer for the second equation input is
Pb(OH)2 (s) + 2 NaOH^- (aq) --> [Pb(OH)4]^2- (aq) + 2 Na^+ (aq)
This part of the problem annoyed the hell out of me before I actually got it.
- chemistry - Andrew, Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 4:19pm
Pb(OH)2 (s) + 2NaOH (aq) <--> [Pb(OH)4]^2- + 2Na^+ (aq)
Don't include the "-" in NaOH
- chemistry - Juan Imhoff, Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 1:32am
Ole ole Pumas!
The answer in right
- chemistry - RONNIE, Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 3:31pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry, Science - Write the balanced chemical equation for each of these ...
- Chemistry - Write the balanced chemical equation for each of these reactions. ...
- chemistry - Write the balanced chemical equation for each of these reactions. ...
- General Chemistry - 1,When aqueous sodium hydroxide is added to a solution ...
- Chemistry - When an aqueous solution of sodium hydroxide, NaOH, is added to an ...
- Chemistry - Write the following into a balanced equation. a) When a mixture of ...
- Chemistry - a precipitate is expected when an aqueous solution of potassium ...
- College Chemistry - 1) The concentration of the aluminum ion in a test solution ...
- Chem - Solid ferric nitrate and aqueous sodium hydroxide are combined with water...
- Chemistry - An aqueous solution of potassium hydroxide is mixed with an (aq) of ...