Posted by Terry on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 5:32pm.
I had to describe jewelry my mom wears-I'm not sure if this is correct.
Mi madre lleva un anillo de diamantes. My mother wears a diamond ring.
Ella también lleva las aretes de oro muy bonita.
A veces, ella usa aretes de plata.Sometimes, she wears silver earrings.
Le gusta aretes pequeños.She likes small earrings
No le gusta las aretes grandes .She doesn’t like big earrings.
Ella lleva dos pulseras en el brazo derecho.She wears two bracelets on her right arm.
También lleva un collar de plata todos los días.Also she wears a silver necklace everyday.
- Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 5:42pm
I'll email this to Sra.
- Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - SraJMcGin, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 6:58pm
This would be far easier to do if you always number the sentences.
2. arete is masculine = los aretes de oro muy bonitos. Any adjective must have the same number (singular/plural) and gender (masculine/feminine) as the noun(s) modified.
As for también, it's OK there but usually adverbs go after the noun they modify = lleva también
I note you did not translate #2. Did you have to?
4. Do not learn the verb "gustar" as the verb "to like" but instead "to be pleasing to..." and then you will understand better that you are literally saying: "the earrings (they) are pleasing to her = Le gustan aretes...
5. same error as #2 and #4 = No le gustan los aretes grandes.
Otherwise, well done!
- Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - Terry, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 8:49pm
Thank you for correcting this-I really appreciate it
- Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 2:29am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish-SraJMcGin-Please check - I had to describe a picture-the girl has a ...
- Spanish-7thgrade - I had to write a paragraph about what my mom did yesterday ...
- spanish sra JMcGuinn - Hi - I hope you are awake I need to change the sentence ...
- spanish Sra JMcGuin - did I miss any of the accents necessary? Melodía lleva un ...
- sra JMcguin part 2 in spanish - Ella modela un par de vaqueros flacos que son un...
- spanish Sra JMcGuin - Hi can you help me put in the accent marks on this - I do ...
- Spanish - Rita lleva al aeroporta y tambien lleva a Tomás. I don't understand ...
- spanish - Preterite or imperfect? CAPITALIZED WORDS Hace muchos años, HAY (1) ...
- sra JMcGuinn - This si the first part in english - I translated to Spanish can ...
- sra JMcGuinn - I have to leave in 5 minutes can you please review I have it in ...