Posted by mj on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 12:31am.
Convert .25 L of a .025 M solution of NaCL starting with solid NaCI and water
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 12:54am
Convert to what?
- chemistry - mj, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 1:03am
the question actually reads "how would you MAKE .25L of a 0025M solution of NaCL starting with solid NaCL and water? 2nd Q: ends with starting with 2.0M NaCL?
Based on a lab that we haven't even had yet.....lost.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 1:24am
How many moles NaCl do you want? That is M x L = 0.25L x 0.0025M = 0.000625 mol.
Then mol NaCl = grams NaCl/molar mass NaCl
g = mol x molar mass = about 0.0006 x 58 or so = about 0.036g NaCl.
For the second one.
mL1 x M 1 = mL2 x M2
which is the dilution formula. You may have seen it as c1v1 = c2v2.
- chemistry - mj, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 1:33am
Luckily I can ask for more help tomorrow...lol
Is the formula different for "how would you make 40mL of 30%ETOH starting with 75% ETOH and water" different (because it's all liquid vs. solid and liquid?) txs
- chemistry - Rosa, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 3:03am
How many grams each of cacodylic acid and sodium cacodylate trihydrate, do you need to add to 2.00 L of water to prepare a pH 5.60 buffer solution with a total buffer
concentration ([(CH3)2AsO2H] + [(CH3)2AsO2
-]) equal to 0.0100 M?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, February 13, 2012 at 2:09pm
Sometimes we can make sense of questions when they lack completeness because we know the background but ONLY when screen names don't change. I don't understand the last two and I don't know if I am dealing with the same poster or not. Please repost as a new question at the top of the page; also, it helps if you don't change screen names.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Describe how you would prepare 250.0 mL of a 0.1500 M NaCl solution...
- Chemistry - describe how you would prepare 500.0 ml of 0.400M NaCl solution, ...
- chemistry - How would I make 500 ml's of a .35M NaCI solution. MW= 58.44 ( I ...
- Chemistry - hellppp please i have a test on this on mondayy im so screwed A ...
- chemisrty - Q4) Suppose you prepare 950 mL of a solution by dissolving 100 grams...
- chemistry - An ice-bath made with sodium chloride will be 9 ± 1 oC when the ...
- chemistry - If 12.45gm NaCI is dissolved in 115ml of water, what is the density ...
- Chemistry - Describe how to prepare 5.00 liters of a 5.00 % (w/w) NaCl solution...
- chemistry/math - 5.0 moles of solid sodium chloride (NaCl) are used to prepare a...
- SCIENCE - (aq) means the solution is dissolved in water used as a solvent. (l) ...