Posted by Henry2 on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Thank you very much for encouraging me to go on with my work!
Here are some more sentences I'd like you to check.
Can I start my exercise with:
Fill in the blanks with an appropriate preposition. Complete the sentences using an appropriate preposition.
1) He is a trainer now and brings.... (on) new athletes.
2) She brought up six children by herself.
3) They will bring up a new subject at our next meeting.
4) That child is bringing up food.
5) He canít get his message across to his audience
6) How many people turned out at your party?
7) She turned out to be an excellent actress.
8) He turned out light and went to bed.
9) She forgot to turn out the gas in the kitchen, and she burnt her dinner.
10) She took her handbag and turned its contents out on the table
11) They have been turned out of the house they live in.
One sentence I sent you before was incomplete. Can you please check it please?
12) Just because you have the same taste in music as someon else, doesn't necessarily mean that you get on. (rephrase:have a friendly relationship with each other ??)
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 5:04pm
1. Yes -- or "brings in"
2, 3 -- yes
4. Do you mean bring it up as a topic of discussion or literally bringing it up (as in vomiting!)?
5, 6, 7, 8 -- yes
9. I'd say "turn off the gas"
10, 11 -- yes
12. I'd say "get along" although "get on" is not incorrect.
Answer this Question
English - 1. The English liked soccer very much. (What is the part of speech of...
English - 1. I liked the work very much because I could help orphans who needed ...
English - 1. We had so much fun! 2. We enjoyed ourselves so much! 3. We really ...
English (very simple) - What are some phrases similar to "Case in point"? Thank ...
english - i need to rite an english speech but i dont know what to do it on and ...
English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. 1)I like ...
English - Another one is... Cajoling and encouraging the runaways, Tubman was ...
English - Hi. Please help me with a problem. Is the following grammatically ...
A thanks to Writeacher - THANK YOU lol thank you very much i now understand wat ...
English - Thank you very much. I just have a few doubts about an email I need to...