Posted by Henry2 on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Thank you very much for encouraging me to go on with my work!
Here are some more sentences I'd like you to check.
Can I start my exercise with:
Fill in the blanks with an appropriate preposition. Complete the sentences using an appropriate preposition.
1) He is a trainer now and brings.... (on) new athletes.
2) She brought up six children by herself.
3) They will bring up a new subject at our next meeting.
4) That child is bringing up food.
5) He can’t get his message across to his audience
6) How many people turned out at your party?
7) She turned out to be an excellent actress.
8) He turned out light and went to bed.
9) She forgot to turn out the gas in the kitchen, and she burnt her dinner.
10) She took her handbag and turned its contents out on the table
11) They have been turned out of the house they live in.
One sentence I sent you before was incomplete. Can you please check it please?
12) Just because you have the same taste in music as someon else, doesn't necessarily mean that you get on. (rephrase:have a friendly relationship with each other ??)
English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 5:04pm
1. Yes -- or "brings in"
2, 3 -- yes
4. Do you mean bring it up as a topic of discussion or literally bringing it up (as in vomiting!)?
5, 6, 7, 8 -- yes
9. I'd say "turn off the gas"
10, 11 -- yes
12. I'd say "get along" although "get on" is not incorrect.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you all for _____ _____ in our volunteer work. 1. Fill in the ...
- English grammar - 1) Observe the relation and fill in the blanks. food:crude:: ...
- English grammar - 1. Fill in the blanks with suitable words. 2. Write the ...
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. I stilll need to check these...
- english - fill in the blanks with appropriate preposition 1.you are asked to ...
- English - I urgently need you to check if the following exercise are appropriate...
- English - Here are some more sentences on school rules I'd like you to revise. ...
- English - Thank you for your explanations. Here are some more sentences I'd like...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you. I wanted to ...
- English - 1. I liked the work very much because I could help orphans who needed ...