I find your Comenius project fascinating. I hope you will keep posting updates about how everything's going as it all progresses. =)
1) I can't understand the various meanings of "bring on". For example:
They brought on the film director at the end of the screening.
It sounds as if someone made sure the director of the film went onstage after the movie was shown, probably to praise him.
2) Can you give me an example of "bring on/upon somebody phrasal verb
meaning making something unpleasant happen to someone)
His illegal actions brought terrible humiliation down on his family.
3) Stress can bring on an asthma attack.
Flowers can bring on a fit of asthma (to me?)
He is a trainer and brings young athletes onto the field.
4) She tried to get on her own way by turning on the charm (How would you rephrase it?)
She tried to them to do what she wanted by acting very charming.
5) She had never revealed that she wanted to become a model.
6) He is very interested in music and always organizes an end-of-term concert.
7) You have always been willing to take on extra work. You have always agreed to do extra work. yes
8) Just because you have the same taste in music as someone else, doesn't necessarily mean that you get along well in all ways.
Although, I like the extensive list that's given in the ESLCafe website, I really like the way phrasal verbs are organized here:
Both are really good references, but it depends on how you want to find information -- by use or alphabetically.
Answer this Question
English - I urgently need you to check a few sentences 2-4 which I need to ...
English - I mispelt a word in my previous post. Thank you. 1) This can be a ...
English - I urgently need to write a short email to a scholar specialized in ...
English - I still have a few sentences to check. Thank you very much, Writeacher...
English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much for helping me...
English - I left out a few other things I would like to include in an email. ...
English - I would like you, Writeacher, to check my letter since you know ...
English - I urgenlty need your help to express a few things. Thank you 1)Before ...
English - I urgently need you to check these sentences for my Comemius project...
English - Writeacher, I need your help to develop a few ideas. Thank you very ...