Posted by Laruen on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 3:44pm.
The American Revolution
From 1763 through 1776 the American colonies sprit of rebellion was escalating. After a long period of being ignored, England put harder rules over the colonist. Economic, political, and social factors made the colonist take steps that led to their independence.
According to Document 1 and 3, England treats the colonies as if they were children. They always tax colonist so that way they wonâ€™t have any money. The British taxed them after the French and Indian war. The colonists were angry and tried to over throw the king. They didn't have a lot of rights. In the Boston Massacre, British soldiers killed 5 colonists, Paul Revereâ€™s painting increased anti â€“ British feelings.
Thomas Paine wrote â€œCommon Senseâ€. Theyâ€™re some quotes in Thomas Paineâ€™s â€œCommon Sense about Britain mistreating the colonies. He feels that Britain has been mistreating the colonies and â€œbullyingâ€ or fighting them. He asks the colonist to fight for independence as they were being mistreated by Britain rights such as life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
What should I write for my conclusion??? I know I know they are some editing mistakes.
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - Laruen, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 3:49pm
I wrote 3 paragraphs I just have to write 1 more.
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 3:54pm
Your conclusion restates in other words the main points you've made in your essay.
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - Laruen, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 4:00pm
instead of that I can also write my opinion
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - Laruen, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 4:05pm
my conclusion can be 2-3 sentences.
is it good???
In my opinion, I agree with Thomas Paine, the colonist should fight for independence. As I was studying more about how British people were mistreating the colonists I felt really bad for them.
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - Writeacher, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 4:13pm
You need to pay attention to what Ms. Sue told you. This is a conclusion that a much younger student would write.
Read and study:
Here is a brief list of things that you might accomplish in your concluding paragraph(s).* There are certainly other things that you can do, and you certainly don't want to do all these things. They're only suggestions:
include a brief summary of the paper's main points.
ask a provocative question.
use a quotation.
evoke a vivid image.
call for some sort of action.
end with a warning.
universalize (compare to other situations).
suggest results or consequences.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ Essay - I have this assignment for my social studies ...
- Social Studies 7R - DBQ Essay Check - Please check my essay to see if it's good...
- us history - Regarding Thomas Paine's Common Sense... 1. According to Paine, ...
- U.S. HISTORY PLEASE HELP!!! - how did the environment (political, social, and ...
- us history until 1877 - By 1700 the British colonies on the North American ...
- History - I have a question about American imperialsim. The American belief in ...
- social studies - Hi i have to do an essay. i have already done all the research ...
- History - During the ____, Americans were unable to import manufactured goods ...
- History - The official policy of the British crown and Parliament toward the ...
- Social Studies - A study of the causes of the American Revolution of 1776, the ...