Posted by Edith on Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 12:36pm.
How do I solve this using substitution method?
Math - Steve, Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 5:15pm
solve either equation for x or y and substitute it into the other equation:
-6x+y = 50
y = 6x+50
7x+9(6x+50) = -38
7x + 54x + 450 = -38
61x = -488
x = -8
now, use that value in either equation to get y:
y = 6(-8) + 50 = 2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- Math - 17) solve this linear system using the method of substitution. 2y-x=-10 y...
- Algebra 1 - bobpursey, In this problem you helped me with earlier: Solve using ...
- Linear Equations - Can you please help solve this equation using the ...
- math - Can someone please check my work? Solve using substitution method 1. 3x+...
- substitution method - Solve by substitution method please help me solve this. I ...
- Math - How do I solve this using the substitution method? x+3y=8 3x-2y=2
- Math - Solve using the substitution method -x-3y=-20 5x+3y=40
- math - solve using the substitution method: 8x+5y=-12 x=12-4y
- math - 8m+n=12 m-5n=22 solve using substitution method