Posted by Jess on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 8:12pm.
Solve the problem.
Jon has 1162 points in his math class. He must have 86% of the 1500 points possible by the end of the term to receive credit for the class. What is the minimum number of additional points he must earn by the end of the term to receive credit for the class?
- College ?? Algebra ?? - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 10, 2012 at 8:18pm
0.86 * 1500 = 1290
1290 - 1162 = ?
- College Algebra - jim, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 10:26pm
IS THIS CORRECT . I live in a townhouse, its 1500 sqft yet its big enough for them. I will end up needing 165 ft of fencing to keep my dogs safe in my backyard.
2. L=2w+5 and w= 3L-4
3. A= LW
1500 sqft= (2W+5)w
1500 sqft= 2W^2 + 5W
2W^2+ 5W- 1500 sqft= 0
4. Next I used to the quadratic formula to figure out what w= which is x = +/- sqrt (b^2 – 4ac)/2
W= -5+/- sqrt (5^2-4(-1500)/4
W= -5+/- sqrt (25 + 6400)/4
W= (-5+/- 105)/4
W=( -5 + 105)/4
W+ (-5 – 105)/ 4
W= 20 ft and w= 27. 5
Length cannot be negative so therefore the w= 27.5
L= 2(27.5) + 5
L= 60 ft
5.) To find the perimeter the formula is P= 2L+2W
P= 2(60) + 2(27.5)
P= 165 ft
Answer this Question
- math, algebra - can someone correct this for me. Problem: A student is nearing ...
- statistics - An instructor in a large lecture class found at the end of the ...
- statistics - Suppose the final exam scores in a large class is symmetric mound ...
- statistics - this is a problem in my statistics class, and I am lost to me, it ...
- Algebra - 16. Going into his final exam, John has a total of 72 points out of 90...
- HELPPPP NOOWW !!!!! - Type the pronoun that correctly completes the sentence. ...
- Algebra 2 - I have taken algebra 2 for three years in a row. I take notes daily...
- math - At Smart Middle School students are required to take 7 classes each ...
- Math - At Smart Middle School students are required to take 7 classes each ...
- math - I already know the answer... it's 14. However, I do not know how to get ...