Posted by joe on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 6:18am.
the bases of a trapezoid are 22 and 12 respectively. The angles at the extremities of one base are 65 degree and 40 degree respectively find the two legs. Answer using law of sines pls
- trigonometry - Reiny, Friday, February 10, 2012 at 8:17am
Construct the trapezoid ABCD ,where AB || CD
AB = 12 and CD = 22
angle C=65 and angle D = 40
Draw AE || BC where E is on CD
So now ABCE is a parallelogram, and CE = 12
which makes ED = 10
Now look at triangle AED, by corresponding angles
angle AED = 65°, angle D = 40 leaving angle DAE = 75°
by sine law:
AD/sin65 = 10/sin75
AD = 10sin65/sin75 = 9.38
by sine law:
AE/sin40 = 10/sin75
AE = 6.65
but BC = AE, (||gram|
So the side adjacent to the 65° angle is 6.65, the side adjacent to the 40° angle is 9.38
check my arithmetic, I am only on my first coffee.
- trigonometry - joanne, Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 12:00am
wow this really helps!! :D I have the same problem too haha thanks!!!
- trigonometry - Paul, Thursday, July 4, 2013 at 7:50am
Hey thanks! I have the same problem. never thought it would be this easy.
- trigonometry - daryl, Friday, July 10, 2015 at 11:44pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trigonometry - the bases of a trapezoid are 22 and 12 respectively. The angles ...
- trig - the base of a trapezoid are 22 and 12 respectively. the angle at the ...
- geometry - The bases of a trapezoid are 38 and 17 respectively. The angles at ...
- trigonometry - From a point 55 feet in front of a church, the angles of ...
- trigonometry - From the top of a hill 700 ft high an observer notes that the ...
- maths (trigonometry) - The angle of elevation and angle of depression of the top...
- geometry - I am studying for my GRE exam into grad school and it's been a very ...
- Physics - Two spheres S1 and S2 of the same metal and having the same type of ...
- pre-cal - Three forces with magnitudxes 100, 50 and 80 lbs act on an object at ...
- maths - From an observer 0, the angles of elevation to the bottom and top of the...